What going on in my Radiator?

Radiator, thermostat, water pump, antifreeze, etc.

Topic author
jbird
I get chills without my van.

Re: What going on in my Radiator?

Post by jbird »

California wrote:I agree with all of the above and can I suggest a little block flushing gadget?
If you happen to have an old plastic pop up sprinkler sitting around simply gut it and place a male female attachment to one end so your garden hose fits. The other end usually fits straight inside your radiator hose and is tight enough to keep in place.

I do have hard plastic tubbing that would fit right into a hose.

So on the block. Remove the Temp. Put the hose in the top hose and turn the water on and start it up alittle. and tats it?

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

Jbird, If you are still looking for suggestions on how to flush your engine of the gunk. I submit to you that a straight water flush will not get all that crap out. My suggestion would be to remove your thermostat, reinstall radiator, buy a flush solution, add it to the radiator (with water of course), Run the system, rinse and repeat. Do this as many times as are necessary to get clean water out of the system. Note: you can always pull the radiator and flush it separately after you get the engine clean. Just my two cents. Thats how I would do it, if it were mine. Jim

Topic author
jbird
I get chills without my van.

Post by jbird »

astroturf wrote:Jbird, If you are still looking for suggestions on how to flush your engine of the gunk. I submit to you that a straight water flush will not get all that crap out. My suggestion would be to remove your thermostat, reinstall radiator, buy a flush solution, add it to the radiator (with water of course), Run the system, rinse and repeat. Do this as many times as are necessary to get clean water out of the system. Note: you can always pull the radiator and flush it separately after you get the engine clean. Just my two cents. Thats how I would do it, if it were mine. Jim

GOOD point. but wouldn't if they're was anything in the block,just flow back into my radiator, If i put the radiator back on?

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

The purpose of the flush, and your main concern at this point is to get all gunk out of your engine. Follow my instructions as I listed above. You can always remove the radiator and flush it inside out and upside down. You can't do that with your engine. I mean even if you had to replace your radiator afterward (highly unlikely), it would be cheaper than an engine. Jim