Hello Fellow Astro Van Enthusiasts

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
astrovanfan
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Hello Fellow Astro Van Enthusiasts

Post by astrovanfan »

Hello Everyone, I'm an unexpected Astro van. I bought a $500 1991 AWD Astro van in rural Colorado a few years ago. The odo said 95k but it looked like it had three times as many. I'm building a little retirement place in Mexico and the plan was to keep it there permanently as a 'beater' vehicle; down there you don't want anything that looks nice - it attracts too much attention from the Federales and banditos. I have a very steep and rough driveway and I figured the AWD would serve me well. Well, she had been setting for several years but she started up and I managed to limp back home whereupon I gave her some new rubber, a tune-up, and miscellaneous body parts to make her presentable. And then I drove her from Colorado to the southern tip of Baja. While driving through Utah I hit a snowstorm and had to pull over and sleep until it passed. The next morning I learned how good the Astro was on snowy slick roads. I started to like that Astro van. Down in Baja she made it up my rough driveway with nary a hesitation or even the least amount of wheel-spin. I put her to work hauling rocks, building supplies and with all the seats out it was the perfect beach vehicle as long as the sand wasn't too deep. I really started to like that Astro van and have become quite fond of it. Flash forward four years and now my Astro is starting to have a few issues. I found this forum and read a lot of the posts and am hopeful that with your help I can get her purring again. Thanks for having me. Cheers.
1991 Astro AWD - Mexico
2000 Astro AWD - US
Ford E-350 Sportsmobile
2003 Toyota Matrix

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Hello Fellow Astro Van Enthusiasts

Post by doyoulikeithere »

Welcome.
I guess it comes as no surprise to most of us that you love your AstroSafari's.
So do we !! :heart:
Thats cuz they are awesome, right ??
:cheers:
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.

okie1
I sleep in my van

Post by okie1 »

Welcome to the forum.

WoodButcher
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by WoodButcher »

Yep, awesomeness on 4 wheels they are.
Welcome to the club.
'93 Safari shorty, 350 swap
'05 Astro AWD, lifted, 6 liter, cammed, ported and programmed for fast.
'69 G10, straight 6, 3 onatree, jumped at me when I had a pocketful of cash looking for a spare astro. :)