Hello from the 176 Mile Marker, South Alabama.

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Hello from the 176 Mile Marker, South Alabama.

Post by Rebel »

Hope all you guys are doing well. Just thought I'd drop by and say hello. Miss the ol gang.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Hello from the 176 Mile Marker, South Alabama.

Post by astrozam »

Well well my o'le friend, its good to hear from you Larry...how are you and the Mrs doing? :cheers:

Topic author
Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

astrozam wrote:Well well my o'le friend, its good to hear from you Larry...how are you and the Mrs doing? :cheers:
Doing great Keith. Mandy got married so feeling very very old. Lol When ya coming south for a visit and kayak trip? How are you and your group doing. ? Have been on different project,restoring 60's soda machines. Will post some pics another day.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

Welcome back Larry! Don't be such a stranger!

Would like to see the soda machines.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Glad to see ya back. I'd like to know the current status of that van with the IRS rear suspension and rack and pinion steering.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Thanks and miss you guys. Here is the first I did a year or so ago, a Vendo 23 Coke,,Think it was a 1956 machine, Spintop and then the square top 7U I'm about to finish up. The square top is a little rare due to the Peter Max art work on the light up sign. Max did some work for 7UP back in the early 70's.
Attachments
Vendo 23.jpg
Last edited by Rebel on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

VIDEO

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Thanks and miss you guys. Here is the first I did a year or so ago, a Vendo 23 and then the square top I'm about to finish up. The square top is a little rare due to the Peter Max art work on the light up sign. Max did some work for 7UP back in the early 70's.

This shot is after finishing the front but no decals applied yet. Still trying to figure out which to use.

When complete,,this machine will have a green LED strip inside behind drink rack on left behind glass door. The green will light up each selection hole plus all the way to back of rack. Will also have green neon 10" tube under machine that will give a green glow across the floor all the way around machine. LOL Just can't get that custom stuff out of my head.lol Susan tells me I just can't leave anything alone.LOL
Attachments
Complete Front Less Decals.jpg

VIDEO

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Smiliesafari wrote:Glad to see ya back. I'd like to know the current status of that van with the IRS rear suspension and rack and pinion steering.

not telling ya right now.LOL and thanks for the welcome back Skip. Miss you guys.

VIDEO

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Here's a shot after I got the wiring done for 12v neon and 110v LED's Didn't use a flash here so the green neon behind lighted 7up marquee is a little to bright but you can see the green coming out of selection holes and green neon under machine.
Attachments
With Neon and LED's.jpg

VIDEO

1Gary

Post by 1Gary »

A Big welcome back Larry. =D> Nice work on the soda machines.I've missed you too.Not a big fan of FB.One of these days I have to get back home in Florida and will stop by to see ya.
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

1Gary wrote:A Big welcome back Larry. =D> Nice work on the soda machines.I've missed you too.Not a big fan of FB.One of these days I have to get back home in Florida and will stop by to see ya.
Come on by next trip through the south Gary. Hope all going well with you and family.

VIDEO

Mr_Roboto
I sleep in my van

Post by Mr_Roboto »

I think that soda machine is going to start abducting people soon if you're not careful :poke:

How you been? Still running guns? :D Just same ol same ol here in a lotta ways, not as much as there used to be. My little guy just turned 1 (if that doesn't make you feel old I don't know what will) and has started walking so that's taken up most my time.

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Mr_Roboto wrote:I think that soda machine is going to start abducting people soon if you're not careful :poke:

How you been? Still running guns? :D Just same ol same ol here in a lotta ways, not as much as there used to be. My little guy just turned 1 (if that doesn't make you feel old I don't know what will) and has started walking so that's taken up most my time.

Well well,,,,good to hear from you my man. Glad all is well with the little one or almost grown now.lol Know he makes your day. Just remember,,,you never get time back so don't miss anything when it comes to spending time with him. In other words have as few regrets as possible.
Not running guns any longer. When we moved and I applied for new address on my FFL, the ATF came to the house and told me I had a problem. Seems this little town doesn't like guns and added no gun sales from a residence. So zoning shut me down even though most of my sales were through a gun auction site on the net. I wasn't big enough to open store in commercial area and with all going on in the gun area,,I decided to not get involved in legal action.
You take care and will check in with you guys again soon. Thanks for posting and the hello,,appreciate it.

By the way,,,anyone looking for custom decals or stickers,,,,check out http://www.killer-decals.com/index.html

VIDEO

1Gary

Post by 1Gary »

Hey-that link on the decals is pretty cool.Not that I got extra coin for decorations in the shop,but maybe I'll run across a pop machine that needs bringing back.A old Texaco gas pump outside would to address the shop up would be cool too.
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

1Gary wrote:Hey-that link on the decals is pretty cool.Not that I got extra coin for decorations in the shop,but maybe I'll run across a pop machine that needs bringing back.A old Texaco gas pump outside would to address the shop up would be cool too.
If ya can save a machine Gary,,,a good thing.lol Would look cool.

Alan does some great work. He just finished these I got off Ebay but were to small for sides of machine. They were about 4"wide and about 6" tall and Alan enlarged to 10"x9"
Attachments
7UP DECALS.jpg

VIDEO