Overhead Console Display Inop

FROM HEADLINERS TO CARPETS, CUSTOM DASHES TO MOOD LIGHTING, IT GOES HERE.

Topic author
9dawgs
I sleep in my van

Overhead Console Display Inop

Post by 9dawgs »

Does anyone have any idea where to start looking to get my console display back in action. It went out about a year ago and has been on the back burner so to speak on my to do list. I have a couple of days off next week so I thought I'd try to tackle it. Oddly enough it came back on briefly a few months ago but only for the ride home from work. Hasn't come back on since. It would seem that there must be a loose or chaffing wire somewhere. I'm prone to drop the overhead but if there's another (easier access) area I can look into first that would be better. Thanks for any help. :usa:
Jim<><

'99 Astro 4X2, (RIP) 4" Overland Lift, 31X10.50/15 BF Goodrich AT T/A KO,
Rancho RS5000 shocks, Rockford Fosgate RFX9000, Red Top Optima, K&N Filter

'98 Astro 4X2 (SOLD)

Moreforles
I sleep in my van

Re: Overhead Console Display Inop

Post by Moreforles »

if you live close by (Cleveland, Ohio) I save the console from my 96 Safari before I scrapped it. was thinking about putting in my 94 high top Astro, but got rid of it as well.... three of them last year... I saved the front, and rear doors, the console, an extra set of mirrors and brake lightes and headlight assemblies...

not sure if your problem is with the display unit itself, or possibly with wiring feeding it.....
2000 Astro, passenger van. Converted into a cargo van, used for Carpet cleaning (10 lbs of crap, in a 5 lb bag)

Topic author
9dawgs
I sleep in my van

Post by 9dawgs »

Moreforles wrote:if you live close by (Cleveland, Ohio) I save the console from my 96 Safari before I scrapped it. was thinking about putting in my 94 high top Astro, but got rid of it as well.... three of them last year... I saved the front, and rear doors, the console, an extra set of mirrors and brake lightes and headlight assemblies...

not sure if your problem is with the display unit itself, or possibly with wiring feeding it.....
I don't know for sure. I need to pull it down to check the wiring but I'm heading to the woods this week. If you can hang on to it for a little while longer I might take the display unit off your hands :>) I'll need it shipped to Florida. Just the display you should be able to box up right? It'll be a while before I get to it though if that's not a problem for you. If it is and you need to get rid of it, then go ahead. Thanks though!
Jim<><

'99 Astro 4X2, (RIP) 4" Overland Lift, 31X10.50/15 BF Goodrich AT T/A KO,
Rancho RS5000 shocks, Rockford Fosgate RFX9000, Red Top Optima, K&N Filter

'98 Astro 4X2 (SOLD)

Wagon Master
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by Wagon Master »

I've got a 1994, and my OHC doesn't have a display.

What do the later models display? Temp? Gas mileage? Compass?

Thanks