Headers for the 4.3l (Updated 2/22/2009)

Manifolds, flexpipe, catalytic converters, mufflers, hangers, piping, EGR etc.

Topic author
SSAstro
I finally get the smurf thing

Headers for the 4.3l (Updated 2/22/2009)

Post by SSAstro »

alright i found out the jba would not work nor would the obx headers for the s10 b/c the way that pipes were bent but the gibson and pacesetter ones for the C1500's with the 4.3l hug the block more but for the price tag of $770.00 for the gibson i ended up ordering a set of the Pacesetter ones from jegs they are black and cost just as much as the stock manifolds after tax and shipping they were $250.00 the part # is 70-1321 they should be here by tuesday so i will let everyone know how they fit up
Last edited by SSAstro on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
SSAstro

Re: Headers for the 4.3l

Post by SSAstro »

alright i got the headers today and they look like they are going to fit so once get the battery charged and can air the bags up i'll let you know how it goes i just started my new job yesterday and all my tools are at work so

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

hanging on every post man. Keep posting I'm rootin for ya.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Topic author
SSAstro

Post by SSAstro »

i should know by sunday i'm gonna try to get it up in the air and get em on my trans is on the way so i gotta start workin on it so i can get it back on the road and so far i don't know what my hours are going to be at work heres the pics of em and don't mind the pretty pink shoe laces \:D/

Topic author
SSAstro

Post by SSAstro »

alright heres the pics of the passenger side in now for the driver side yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh which will actually be alot easier as there is not as much to take off on the passenger side the dipstick tube needs to be removed the spark plugs had to be removed. And on the driver side there is alot more room thank you GM for offsetting the whole drivetrain to the right :^o

blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Re: Headers for the 4.3l (Updated 2/21/2009)

Post by blk lt awd »

wow, good stuff! and great price as well. thanks for trying it and figuring it out. do you think they'd fit in an AWD van?
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (spicy)
1961 Impala...gone but not forgotten.

http://www.propertystation.ca/

Topic author
SSAstro

Post by SSAstro »

probably a little more work plus i still have to see if the y-pipe is going to need modified or not

Topic author
SSAstro

Post by SSAstro »

alright i'm in the process of doing the driver side right now and its a tough one its tighter than i first thought so we'll see

Topic author
SSAstro

Re: Headers for the 4.3l (Updated 2/22/2009)

Post by SSAstro »

ok got it in all but one bolt do not try to put these on the 2wd vans unless you like adventure i do thats why i didn't stop when i had problems for those of with the body lift 2 or 4wd they should fit i had cut the floor out to get the driver side to fit and do some cutting and rewelding on the header itself so heres the pics its not pretty but it got the job done someone thats alot more experienced than i am should have no problem doing this the problem is that the second pipe sits out too far and hits floor board right where i cut out

the next pic i had too grind down a little for it sit right under a sensor in the head