New member from Long Island

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Partychief1971
I am merely driving my van

New member from Long Island

Post by Partychief1971 »

:guitar: back in the Astro life, I’m looking for a clean GMC Safari AWD,not from my area Long Island NY, currently driving my 2005 Tahoe which I love with close to 200000 rusty miles on her,working on a retirement plan and want a Safari for my daily.I have owned 2 Astro 86 was a real truck,and 95 was a grocery getter. Not much on the suspension,I used both for work surveying even though they were passenger vans. I am 58 and have owned 4 vans in my life only 1 was a ford, I was young and it was cheap.still browsing EBAY, but want a clean no snow van,salt destroyed my Tahoe no matter how well I treated it, any help would be appreciated

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: New member from Long Island

Post by MountainManJoe »

Welcome to the forum, partychief.

(I've moved your post to it's own topic, instead of piggybacking off that old one.)

Finding rust free Astros won't be easy, especially over there. You may have to fly to a southern state to find one. Just keep scouring craigslist, ebay , facebook marketplace and dealer listings, and be patient. I gave up and bought a full size van.

Good luck.

Topic author
Partychief1971

Post by Partychief1971 »

Thanks,Duly noted,I usually do.I found a 74 Malibu in Virginia Original owner after looking for about 4 years,an Astro or Safari should be equally hard to find for a reasonable price.

WoodButcher
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by WoodButcher »

I'm with you chief, just across the Sound. Salt / snow is a common enemy. I went south to find my '93.
I'd sharpen your google foo, I remember someone using a saved search on google for results based on distance away, craigslist, marketplace on facebook, government auctions, google can pick up on all of them.
'93 Safari shorty, 350 swap
'05 Astro AWD, lifted, 6 liter, cammed, ported and programmed for fast.
'69 G10, straight 6, 3 onatree, jumped at me when I had a pocketful of cash looking for a spare astro. :)