Tramper Build data request

Topic author
Xephius
I get chills without my van.

Re: Tramper Build data request

Post by Xephius »

SoCalli V8 wrote:I would highly recommend that you get your new motor 'dialed-in' and running well, with a few thousand miles under its belt first.

Before adding a 17k + lb slug to tow.....
Agreed and indented... I suspect it will take me a couple months to wrap up the interior once I finish the motor, and probably another month+ to build the trailer after I locate all the parts. And I will still have to get both the trailer and the van repainted... So it will be some time before I do any hauling. But I still want to start gathering the parts..

I do hope to keep it below 17,000 pounds, I think that maybe out of my weight class.. Maybe 1,700 pounds.. ;)

-X
-=John=-
1995 Chevy Panel Wagon - Stillen Body Kit, 3" Drop, Rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, 18" Wheels with Yokohama Wrappers. LT1- .060 Hyper Pistons, Blueprinted and balanced, all ARP, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6:1 SS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Elderbrock Headers, PCM Tuned with LT4 Knock Module, Aeromotive AFPR, 2800 Stall, Hardened 4L60E, Posi 3.72:1 Diff
Getting:
100HP Shot Zex Wet Nitrous Kit.... Why? If you have to ask, you won't understand....

Topic author
Xephius

Post by Xephius »

peter wrote:I'll post 'em up this weekend. There are so many to choose from, it'll take awhile to figure out which ones to post. I may have some pics of the traction bar build-up as well.
Darth Vader: [addressing the Tantive IV's captain, whom he is interrogating] Where are those transmissions you intercepted? WHAT have you DONE with those plans?
[holding Captain Antilles off the floor, the Captain's feet are dangling at Vader's knees]
Captain Antilles: We intercepted no transmissions...
[gasps]
Captain Antilles: ... This is a consular ship... We're on a -
[chokes]
Captain Antilles: diplomatic mission...
Darth Vader: [shouting] If this is a consular ship, WHERE is the ambassador?
[Antilles dies before he can answer, and Vader throws the man's body against the wall, narrowly missing 2 stormtroopers]
Darth Vader: Commander, tear this ship apart until you find those plans! And bring me all passengers, I want them ALIVE!
-=John=-
1995 Chevy Panel Wagon - Stillen Body Kit, 3" Drop, Rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, 18" Wheels with Yokohama Wrappers. LT1- .060 Hyper Pistons, Blueprinted and balanced, all ARP, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6:1 SS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Elderbrock Headers, PCM Tuned with LT4 Knock Module, Aeromotive AFPR, 2800 Stall, Hardened 4L60E, Posi 3.72:1 Diff
Getting:
100HP Shot Zex Wet Nitrous Kit.... Why? If you have to ask, you won't understand....

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Gawd, where'd you find that shitzle.... :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha:

I'm torn between posting the pics now or submitting them for Van of the Month. I'd promised to do so months ago and I'm worried Keith may commit Hare Kare (according to Justice) if someone doesn't submit something. :dunce: :smurf:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Xephius

Post by Xephius »

Feed your vanity first, submit to the Van of the Month... Once I get my van cleaned up and running you won't stand a chance. \:D/

But do post up some pics soon. I will be in the garage working on a commission of pens. It's raining here in Houston, so no Astro work today. :-({|=

Go write up your submission, we shall wait for your return.

-X
-=John=-
Getting:

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

peter wrote:I'm torn between posting the pics now or submitting them for Van of the Month. I'd promised to do so months ago and I'm worried Keith may commit Hare Kare (according to Justice) if someone doesn't submit something. :dunce: :smurf:
Judges, I think we need a ruling on this....

I mean, Tramper started out as a van... And no doubt this guy has as much money in it as most of us do in our homes... But isn't there some kind of penalty for DESTROYING a perfectly good van? I'm not sure this behavior should be rewarded... #-o
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

Topic author
Xephius

Post by Xephius »

mdmead wrote:
peter wrote:I'm torn between posting the pics now or submitting them for Van of the Month. I'd promised to do so months ago and I'm worried Keith may commit Hare Kare (according to Justice) if someone doesn't submit something. :dunce: :smurf:
Judges, I think we need a ruling on this....

I mean, Tramper started out as a van... And no doubt this guy has as much money in it as most of us do in our homes... But isn't there some kind of penalty for DESTROYING a perfectly good van? I'm not sure this behavior should be rewarded... #-o
No, we are using the vans for their highest and best purposes... We don't string someone up for pulling parts off an old van, so this should not be judged so harshly. I would venture to say that others should be chastised for not making Trampers out of the old parts vans they have... :muhaha:

-X

Now bring on the plans or I will move on from Star Wars quotes more obscure SciFi...
-=John=-
Getting:

snapple
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by snapple »

Okay, I know this thread is dated...But I was daydreaming,and if anyone knows of a link with the Tramper build? Please advise.... :cheers:
'94 Astro AWD EXT LT - Over 211,000 ,parts van now!
DHC Rock rails
Overland Vans 4" lift kit and bumper w/grille guard
Fiamma awning

'95 Astro AWD EXT CS - Just over 99,000 miles