The trailers

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: The trailers

Post by peter »

GEJ wrote: I know-I know,this isn't a Astro......It is also a major part of who I am being a professional fleamarket vendor.
Why does that in and of itself sound like a contradiction in terms, ole friend? :smurf:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

Well Peter-That is where this Old boy is heading back to.We met fours yrs ago while I stopped selling to rebuild the business,interstructure and equipment.Yep,professional fleamarket vendor.I hope to be back out selling sometime after the first of the yr with this trailer.

Now that I have detailed what this trailer is about,got any ideas for a a/c-d/c air conditioner for it??.I do sell chocolates during the hot summer months and need to keep stock cool.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

Here is some progress pics of the work done on the vendor trailer on the right side:

The side-ball bungee'ed tarp to it will be the enclosure leaving one end open to enter

Kind of like a ladder rack.Those hooks will hold the legs for the side doors.

The legs will slip into these and will be able to be turned so as to make adjustments on the bases for various heights.

This one of the bases for the four stabilizing jacks for the trailer it's self.

More to come.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: The 12' dual axle fleamarket trailer

Post by kings-x59 »

GEJ wrote:Here is the 12' trailer slated to be towed by the RV and parked at one central multi date/wk market along with the RV.The other dates of single markets will be handled by Ole Yellar and the small vendor trailer.

Yeah she need alittle T.L.C,but it is one of those"don't build them like that anymore".Will handle a 7,000lbs load.WOW!!! :yikes:

In time we want to add a V nose with storeage and doors on each side of the nose.Also storeage boxes running the full lenght of the trailer above the fenders for the 10x20 vendor tent and the sales display fixtures we have.We own every kind of display you could possible think of.(4 step.slant racks,tables,and sheilfing.All quick set-up and teardown)I want to limit the trailer for my toolbox and stackage product cases only.
that looks alot like my astro...rusty, paint running off
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Lookin' good, Gary! :supz:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

1Gary
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by 1Gary »

This is the main reason for Ole Yellar.The vendor trailer will be towed by the van.I started work to refinish the inside of the trailer.The wall you see I laid out will get 065 diamond plate glued to it and the plywood will act as a template to the cutouts.What gets attached to the walls is spring clips on a rod that are called "J-Hooks" and they will hold rows of bags of snack foods.I am also going to carry bulk snack foods where the customers can mix up their own trail mixes.

These next two pictures show how much hardware I needed to strip off the trailer to lay out the plywood:

I also installed a light in the center cargo area and still need to complete the wiring and some sort of lighting for the gull wing doors for the selling area.

The cutout lay out:

Needed to position the square hole for the jack mount for the door.Once the diamond plate is glued to the plywood I am going to try to just cut slots for it.

I screwed the plywood to the trailer temporary to help it from warping while I work on the other side and get up the cash for the diamond plate.

Just to give you a feel of what color it might be(maybe just a taste darker) to match the van.I want matching graphics and that is a open canvas.I don't know what I am doing with that yet.

The inside walls(cargo area),roof,gull wing doors, etc,will be finished in thin wall white aluminum riveted to the frame which will sandwich 1" blue board insulation.
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

Hey that GEJ guy has alot of the same ideas as you...

LOLz, Jim

1Gary

Post by 1Gary »

Yeah-We don't really know each other that well.Argue a lot between each other.LOL.

Rochester,NY

1Gary

Post by 1Gary »

Lately been thinking once it is done,it could be used at a number of places.Outdoor events of all kinds,swap meets of hot rod car parts,of course fleamakets,even as a street vendor that isn't a hot dog stand..............I could get a permit to sell in a downtown area breakfast snack foods in front of office buildings and work as many morning days as I wanted.

Rochester,NY

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

1Gary wrote:Lately been thinking once it is done,it could be used at a number of places.Outdoor events of all kinds,swap meets of hot rod car parts,of course fleamakets,even as a street vendor that isn't a hot dog stand..............I could get a permit to sell in a downtown area breakfast snack foods in front of office buildings and work as many morning days as I wanted.
Looks Great, My cousin and his wife have a big pro kitchen and they make baked goods and sell to all the farmers markets.
Yours is more of a portable display, Thats great. I assume you've got 12V to 120V inverters for lighting and stuff.
You could probably haul water and sell coffee too eh?
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.

1Gary

Post by 1Gary »

I have a slant rack display that would be placed across the back of the trailer(that is the traffic side) to hold bottled water,soda bottles and juices.

Rochester,NY

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

cool.
I was just thinking that hot coffee and hot chocolate would sell fast in the office district on cool mornings.
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.

1Gary

Post by 1Gary »

I am balancing prepackaged foods and pre-bottled liquids where the health dept and licensing doesn't come into play.The only exception I would sell is the bulk stuff allowing people to make their own trail mix.Freeze dry apples,bananas,pears, etc and chips(favor of choice),pretzels,etc.That is a section all it's self that did well.All fresh product.Sold by the bag with a profit margin bag they fill.People liked making their own.

Rochester,NY

1Gary

Post by 1Gary »

The cool thing about that trailer is how flexible it is.I don't really care what I sell.I know the snack food product,I wouldn't exclude anything that makes money.The main thing is no legal problems with inspections.I have learned so many lines of products of the yrs and moved what we sell with what market was selling the best.Food being the base as of the last yrs.Truth is the statement "ya gotta eat" and that doesn't have anything to do with expendable cash people have.Just to add to that thought.The dual wheel 12' trailer that is going behind the RV ya gotta eat statement is even more true.It is a mobile discount grocery store really for multi date single location fleamarket.It's success depends on consistency of being open on every wk at the same spot offering what people want.Have to work to build customer a following.

Rochester,NY