17 inch rims

FROM STOCK 15" STEELIES TO WILD 24" WHEELS, THEY GO HERE.

Topic author
Rackstar
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

17 inch rims

Post by Rackstar »

Hello all. First post. I am thinking about putting a lift kit on my 2001 awd hi-top astro and was looking at some new rims as well. At the sites I was looking at (mostly carid) all the cool looking ones come in 17 inches. Would 17s be a good choice for me, I'm only looking to do a little off-roading when I go camping, some dirt/gravel roads but nothing too serious. I mostly want really cool looking tires. Any idea what size tires would go well with the lift kit, it will probably be the 4inch OLV kit, i don't want any rubbing if i can help it. I would love recommendations for tires and even rims. Any reasons why I should go with 16 inch rims or stay with 15s? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: 17 inch rims

Post by T.Low »

I think there are plenty of all terrain tire options for 17" tires, but do your due diligence and check. (Ask at your local tire shop before buying wheels).

A lighter wheel/tire combo will obviously be best for front end parts, and fuel economy.

You'll have to do a minimum amt of cutting/pounding behind the front tires and I gained clearance in the rear by removing the body cladding.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.