Review US Wheel 94 Series Black Modular

FROM STOCK 15" STEELIES TO WILD 24" WHEELS, THEY GO HERE.

Topic author
alanselo
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Review US Wheel 94 Series Black Modular

Post by alanselo »

I bought and installed these wheels on my 2000 AWD Safari, from Summit Racing. I was surprised that the shipping and handling, to NM, came to only $12.95 US. Four wheels, caps, shipping and handling came to about $279. I did have to wait about 2 weeks, backorder, for them to be delivered but all in all I am happy with these wheels.

The wheels made a big difference in the look of the vehicle, no more soccer mom mini van look. These are not fancy high dollar wheels however, for my tastes and budget they fit well with the overall look of the van. The tires are 215/75/15. The tires will be replaced with 235/70/15 in the near future.

The only problem I foresee after installing them and washing the van was that some water puddled between the chrome and the black part of the wheel. Since I live in the desert southwest this will not be a problem for me. It could however become a problem where moisture is more prevalent and lead to early rusting.

Picture of the wheels on the van is in the intro discussion forum (hello from NM) and shows the stock and these wheels so you can compare.

Hope that helps someone......
vans owned:
74 3/4 ton chevy panel van camper,
79 chevy 3/4 ton window van
current:
2000 safari awd

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Review US Wheel 94 Series Black Modular

Post by kings-x59 »

got any pics of said wheels to post?
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Review US Wheel 94 Series Black Modular

Post by mdmead »

I refrained from commenting because I hadn't seen the wheels. (I'm too lazy to dig out posts, so luckily it popped up!) I do like that style as a budget wheel. I'm not a fan of all black wheels, but with the chrome outer rim, those look nice. I agree about your concern with them holding in a bit of water. I've seen a bunch of that style of rim with that area rusted. In fact, WAY back, I owned that style with a gold center and I had rust problems where the inner and out parts came together.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!