Tundra wheels on an '03 ??

FROM STOCK 15" STEELIES TO WILD 24" WHEELS, THEY GO HERE.

Topic author
blacknome
I sleep in my van

Tundra wheels on an '03 ??

Post by blacknome »

My michelin LTX tires are getting a little bare to weather another winter. Stumbled across a set of snows on Tundra wheels for a fair price. I know the bolt pattern is the same 6x5.5 but does anybody know if the hub is the same size ?

Stroverlander
I sleep in my van

Re: Tundra wheels on an '03 ??

Post by Stroverlander »

Toyota hub is larger, may be able to install hubcentric rings for proper fit/alignment.
2004 Astro LT AWD Stroverlander

Topic author
blacknome
I sleep in my van

Post by blacknome »

OK thx. I spoke to the seller and he said the tire shop put the new tires on brand new rims for his 04 Astro last fall for $1200.00. Said he didnt run any rings ( although I am sure he does not know what I am talking about LOL ). For $ 500 and less than 3k kms on the tires I will take a chance

Topic author
blacknome
I sleep in my van

Post by blacknome »

Didn't realize that I never got back to this. I got some hub centric rings from the tire shop around the corner for $20.00.

Tires are Cooper Discoverer LT M+S. I really like the tires. They are a little loud but ride nicer than the Michelins I took off. I gotta admit though the rims look a little goofy but for the price I really cannot complain.
We have not seen any snow in or around Toronto this winter ( Canada with no snow... who knew that could happen ??? ) but with the little we have seen then old brown van has no trouble gaining traction.