Adding an amp to my Panasonic deck

ANYTHING RELATED TO AUDIO OR VIDEO SYSTEMS WHETHER STOCK OR AFTERMARKET.

Topic author
Grover
I am smitten with my van

Adding an amp to my Panasonic deck

Post by Grover »

Now that my namesake will be on the road today.. I'm looking for opinions on amps for the Safari.. going to be adding Boston Acoustic speakers if I can find em, maybe Pioneer for the back.. what brands of amps have other used and been happy with?

When my buddy worked at a local car audio shop they had a demo Panasonic deck like mine hooked up to an amp and it literally blew me away with the sound quality
I just forget what brand it was lol.

brad
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Re: Adding an amp to my Panasonic deck

Post by brad »

Hi, I run a 400 watt sony xplode amp through a panasonic deck. I hooked up a 12 inch sub to that and ran the wire from my amp under the drivers seat to the trunk and pointed the sub box backwards. Really nice deep bass and paired up with some pioneer speakers only in the front its pretty good. Maybe i fluked out but all my stereo components came from a pawn shop for 150$(CDN) Kick ass for the $$$$$. That being said if you have to mix match a system together be sure to use the best wires and connections you can.................

blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Post by blk lt awd »

i've been through a lot of product over the years and have probably seen and heard it all. given i was in the industry till last year. when it came to selling a product and using a product for personal vehicles i had no hesitation in choosing MTX. consistently got better year after year. price point is great as well.
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (spicy)
1961 Impala...gone but not forgotten.

http://www.propertystation.ca/

thevalleyboy
I sleep in my van

Post by thevalleyboy »

Just my 2 cents - most brand name amps on the market these days are not bad. Some better than others but compared to the deck's built in amp they are all good. As for wires - don't waste your money on Monster or super expensive wires - get good connections, solder connections, and heavy guage wires sure but Monster wires are a total waste of money. I personnaly have run in past Sherwood, Pioneer, Alpine, MTX, and currently run an old Sony. Had good luck with all of them - that old Sherwood was a huge, power hungry amp, mind you it was crazy powerful.

Here is some interesting reading if you happen to get bored
http://www.rocketroberts.com/techart/xa2105.htm
2001 Astro LT AWD - SOLD @ 180,200KM
Now I got a 2006 Ford Expedition King Ranch 4 x 4
to pull a Hybrid RV - 2006 Kodiak 235
Calgary, Alberta