fuel gauge issue

USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS SUCH AS WIRE COLOR CODES, BLOWING FUSES OR WIRING SHORTS.

Topic author
photo_van
I sleep in my van

fuel gauge issue

Post by photo_van »

Alrighty. My gas gauge is doing something pretty strange; when the key is on (engine running or not) the needle vibrates minutely. It is so minor, I had to put on reading glasses just to make sure it wasn't my aging eyes making it blurry! Sure enough, it is vibrating. Also, when I first turn on the key, the fuel Gauge pegs hard to the right (beyond full) momentarily before returning to actual fuel level.

It's not a problem for now, but I worry that it is going to blow!!! Anyone have any ideas? Could it be the sender? I'm kinda hoping so as I'm due to replace the pump soon.

Note that I did recently have all the engine electrical unplugged for intake manifold removal.

Any ideas are welcome!!

Thanks

***EDIT*** I just found an entire thread on that here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3528&start=15&hilit ... nt+cluster
1998 AWD/4WD
4" lift, 31x10.50's, NP 242j/c hybrid, 4.10 gears, S10 front disconnect, rack & pinion steering, trans cooler, rock sliders, ARB fridge, house battery and 100w solar, swing out rear rack with foldout camp table, bed and passenger swivel chair
dirt bag camping rig
1981 Toyota 4x4 pu
1974 John Deere 710