Toggle switch push button ignition conversion???

USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS SUCH AS WIRE COLOR CODES, BLOWING FUSES OR WIRING SHORTS.

Topic author
ec93leo
I am merely driving my van

Toggle switch push button ignition conversion???

Post by ec93leo »

Any done this? im not to sure where to post this in the forumthis seemed like the right place...if anyone has done this or k\has any tips or tricks please help me out!!!

photo_van
I sleep in my van

Re: Toggle switch push button ignition conversion???

Post by photo_van »

I didn't do it to my van, but been running a push button in my Toyota PU for years. The on/off was good in the column switch, just the start went bad.
1998 AWD/4WD
4" lift, 31x10.50's, NP 242j/c hybrid, 4.10 gears, S10 front disconnect, rack & pinion steering, trans cooler, rock sliders, ARB fridge, house battery and 100w solar, swing out rear rack with foldout camp table, bed and passenger swivel chair
dirt bag camping rig
1981 Toyota 4x4 pu
1974 John Deere 710

Topic author
ec93leo

Post by ec93leo »

How was the start bad?? I really am looking forward to doing that this week for my holiday off of work....did you do it yourself??

photo_van
I sleep in my van

Post by photo_van »

Yes I did it myself, very easy. I'm not sure what is wrong with the ignition switch. It worked intermittently and then less and less. I'm guessing the switch was/is bad. It was easy enough to do, I just pulled a hot to one side of the push button (boat start switch) and the starter circuit on the other.

Is your switch bad for sure? Does it power up accessories, gauges??
1998 AWD/4WD
4" lift, 31x10.50's, NP 242j/c hybrid, 4.10 gears, S10 front disconnect, rack & pinion steering, trans cooler, rock sliders, ARB fridge, house battery and 100w solar, swing out rear rack with foldout camp table, bed and passenger swivel chair
dirt bag camping rig
1981 Toyota 4x4 pu
1974 John Deere 710