door locks

USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS SUCH AS WIRE COLOR CODES, BLOWING FUSES OR WIRING SHORTS.

Topic author
fsnrod
I am merely driving my van

door locks

Post by fsnrod »

I have a 2000 astro cargo the door locks sometimes unlock and lock the rear door passenger door and sliding door never the drivers door it moves the lock a little on the drivers door you can hear the actuaters clicking.I checked the wiring on the hinge side of both doors there is no cracks or broken wires the wires look to be in good shape. I put in a new door lock relay didnt work. it acts like a ground but the ground by the relay on the passenger sidekick panel is in good shape I dont know where else to look for the problem unless its the switches?

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: door locks

Post by Smiliesafari »

Have you looked inside the door to see if the linkage is still attached?
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
fsnrod

Post by fsnrod »

I cleaned and lubricated all the linkages on all the doors. The first time you push the button they click loud and usally open or lock the doors push it again they barely click and won't lock or unlock the doors. new battery fully charged all that everything else works.

Topic author
fsnrod

Post by fsnrod »

A mechanic told me it's probably the body control module has anyboby got any information on this?

Drummernaut
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Drummernaut »

Two things seem consistent, for me my locks were loaded down by a bad switch(rear door push button). Others have had bad actuators. My guess is that one bad actuator will cause the same problem of loading as a bad switch.

You could try and check for voltage present on you lock/unlock wires(should be grounded with no switch activated) or isolate the actuators by disconnecting one at a time till the locks work consistently.

My locks will eventually fail if I cycle the lock/unlock 9-10 times in a row, I think by design. Same failure design as the windows.