IOD (Ignition of draw) problems with a dead battery

USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS SUCH AS WIRE COLOR CODES, BLOWING FUSES OR WIRING SHORTS.

Topic author
rowindi
I am merely driving my van

IOD (Ignition of draw) problems with a dead battery

Post by rowindi »

Hello all, I am a German electric Engineer. I am driving a Astro Van 2003. Since a few months I have after 2.weeks a dead Battery, when I don´t drive the van. So I made a deep "dive".
I found out when the car is looked, I have 220mA discharge this is to high, normal is between 20mA and 70mA! Causing this problem I found out. There are at the driverside next to the OBD connecter where you hook up your diagnose tool a holder. On this holder there a two black "boxes" One box is facing to the fire wall (engine side) and one to the driver seat. In each box a four relays installed. Now my issue. In the black box (facing to the driver seat) the left relay have on the coil (85-86) always power.Next to this relay 2.relay is only working with the first one and operating all the interior lights. But all interior lights going on and of like there should. The 2. relay wish operating the interior lights is only working, when the 1. relay is installed!
Now can someone tell me, how the first relay one the left side is "operatet" Or were I can get a circuit diagram. On the internet I found just noting.
Thanks Rowindi.

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Re: IOD (Ignition of draw) problems with a dead battery

Post by Astrophysics »

Guten Tag,

Mein Astro Ist 2003 AWD.
Heute, Kann ICH MEIN SHOP MANUAL LEBEN.

I WONDER IF ONE OF THE RELAYS IS FOR DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS.

I WILL LOOK IN MY SHOP REPAIR MANUAL LATER TODAY AND TRY TO SCAN THE SCHEMATIC.

AP

VIEL GLUCK

Topic author
rowindi

Post by rowindi »

Guten Tag,
I thought at first too. The I disconnect the light sensor on the dash and the connecter where you switch on the head lights, no changes!
Would be great, if you could find out, for which function this relay is responsible.
Thanks Rowindi

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Post by Astrophysics »

Whoops, I just forgot to take the auto repair manual from my garage and am at airport.I am gone on business trip this week. I will look for it next Saturday.
Sorry about that. Perhaps you can post cell phone photo on this site of relays. Just clip Choose File and select it from your computer. Then just push Submit and your photo will be posted along with your message text.

Auf Wieder Schreiben,

AP