rear lift door lock

USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS SUCH AS WIRE COLOR CODES, BLOWING FUSES OR WIRING SHORTS.

Topic author
delmertoo
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

rear lift door lock

Post by delmertoo »

This is a picture of the rear of my 1999 Astro.

The problem I am having is when I lock the doors on the van the lift door does not lock everything else locks and unlocks with no problems. When I use the key in the lock on the lift door everything locks except the lift door. What am I missing. It seems that there is only one locking selonoid in the lift door and it seems to be working. Any help would be great I don't want to take anything apart until I know what I am lookjng for
1454869298897.jpg

Wiley
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: rear lift door lock

Post by Wiley »

See if the latch is stuck, my guess is you just need to grease it. I have had issues with just about all of my locks at various points that greasing/lubing resolved. Since the key in the lock isn't working it doesn't sound electrical, so it should be an easy fix. I actually have my interior panel off currently if you want me to see if I can grab a picture of whats in there for you.

edit: haha old thread, hope it is still not stuck, but I can provide the pic if nedded
2guys1truck.com: 2004 AWD Chevy Astro from California to Colombia!
want to follow along, or think our paths may cross, Facebook kjswiley