what size is your nuts?

THIS FORUM IS FOR ANY QUESTIONS ON THE 7.25" IFS FRONT DIFF, CV HALF SHAFTS AND FRONT DRIVE SHAFT.

Topic author
smokinsiggy
I get chills without my van.

what size is your nuts?

Post by smokinsiggy »

LoL, can someone give me the size of nuts holding the 90 AWD front axle shafts and bearings in place? Needs to be metric obviously, have every standard size up to 2". My guess would be maybe a 38mm. Any one with an answer would be helpful in me buying the right one tonight and not need to make a 75km return for stupidity. Thanks for your timely response.

BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: what size is your nuts?

Post by BLAZER »

Usually GM uses 36mm on those front hub nuts, that's what my 95 & 97 Blazers used. And I remember some people on here using the S10 axle shafts too so probably right. Go to Autozone and see if you can rent one, I believe they rent the socket for the front axles. I found out they rented them after I bought one ](*,)

Topic author
smokinsiggy

Post by smokinsiggy »

BLAZER wrote:Usually GM uses 36mm on those front hub nuts, that's what my 95 & 97 Blazers used. And I remember some people on here using the S10 axle shafts too so probably right. Go to Autozone and see if you can rent one, I believe they rent the socket for the front axles. I found out they rented them after I bought one ](*,)
Thanks Blazer, your probably right on the button with 36mm. We no have Autozone in Canaduh and the local parts depot for napa didn't have such a size available today. Good old black cloud following me every move. LOL

dilly

Post by dilly »

try canadian tire (seriously!) my boss needed a 36mm socket for his snowmobile. he found one in the small automotive specialty tool section. wasn't cheap though $30+.
95 safari awd-2" overland lift,29" ATs on 15x7 chrome truck rims
2000 astro 2wd g80-company truck/work van

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

Playing with Grumpy recently, I can say it's definitely 36mm.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Bubbathegimp
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Bubbathegimp »

Never had a need to measure em..................
Still Kickin...

Topic author
smokinsiggy

Post by smokinsiggy »

Thanks everyone for confirming this size for me. Now will need to order one in for today, $25 bucks @ LOrdco, just a lil closer than Crappy Tire for me.

Topic author
smokinsiggy

Post by smokinsiggy »

smokinsiggy wrote:Thanks everyone for confirming this size for me. Now will need to order one in for today, $25 bucks @ LOrdco, just a lil closer than Crappy Tire for me.
Yup sure is a 36mm, lol. $20.32 was money well spent. Thanks again, now to post my other saga I ran into....

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

The crappy tire parts dept has a tool loan program as well......
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!