233c swap successful, no speedo and abs/parkbrake light on

FROM AWD'S TO 2-SPEED MANUAL SHIFT, IF IT LINKS THE REAR AXLE TO THE FRONT AXLE, POST IT HERE.

SKULLHEAD
I am merely driving my van

Re: 233c swap successful, no speedo and abs/parkbrake light

Post by SKULLHEAD »

Hey green machine this is PV bike works got my account working on here now . Thanks for the FB replies this is a great thread on the 233 case swap . Even after all my thread reading Im still struggling with understanding the wiring lol , wires and I have never really gotten along but I am determined to get a understanding of it all cause hell or high water im getting that 233 case in my van it's my main missing ingreadant right now . has anyone used a 1998 233c case in a 2000 awd yet on here ?

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Post by Astrophysics »

Hi and Happy New Year,
I also have 233c tcase from a 98 s10 blazer that i am installing in 2003 AWD astro.
I also picked up the dash switch from a 95 s10 since it is smaller and will be easier to fit in dash trim.
I too am dragging my feet as far as splicing the wiring harness. I have wipr off the grease from harness with simple green, and started spreading out the wires to basically make a bundle of wires that goes to the TCCM, and a bundle that goes to the 7 wires of the switch. Try to keep the wires as long as possible. Lay out the bundles on a large cardboard and use sharpie to mark the functional parts, TCCM, switch, and T case itself. Make sure you have all the harness connectors. Also need to add a fuse block or in line fuse. Make sure to test the tcase on the garage floor with the harness and switch before you install t case in astro.

AP

Topic author
thegreenmachine
I get chills without my van.

Post by thegreenmachine »

Astrophysics wrote:Hi and Happy New Year,
I also have 233c tcase from a 98 s10 blazer that i am installing in 2003 AWD astro.
I also picked up the dash switch from a 95 s10 since it is smaller and will be easier to fit in dash trim.
I too am dragging my feet as far as splicing the wiring harness. I have wipr off the grease from harness with simple green, and started spreading out the wires to basically make a bundle of wires that goes to the TCCM, and a bundle that goes to the 7 wires of the switch. Try to keep the wires as long as possible. Lay out the bundles on a large cardboard and use sharpie to mark the functional parts, TCCM, switch, and T case itself. Make sure you have all the harness connectors. Also need to add a fuse block or in line fuse. Make sure to test the tcase on the garage floor with the harness and switch before you install t case in astro.

AP

wiring scares me, and I don't know why. lol

its something im considering though, ive been dragging my feet on the linkage, as I just had my 3rd baby, and havnt had too much man on van time...
2003 Chevrolet Astro 4wd np233c transfercase 245/75/16 ETS Trailermaster tires
ImageImageImage
Previous:
1995 Safari AWD (death by torsion bar. a.k.a. "the final straw")
1999 Safari AWD ( death by tree x2 )
1997 safari rwd cargo ( sold @ 450,000+ km )

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Herbie »

I think I'm running into one of these issues too. No speedo or shifting in 2hi. I should have the vss hooked up correctly, as I've got the
    sensor pig tail as provided by Dean.

How do I recalibrate? How do I check the airgap on the reluctor?

Thanks

EDIT: OK, I think this one was installer error. I re-seated the VSS plug and pigtail and gave 'er a drive and all seems good. Only the "Service AWD" idiot lamp now. 2WD only at this stage - need to install the shifter and my plate to mount the 4Lo microswitch after the paint is dry...

For posterity's sake, if someone wants to describe re-calibration and/or airgap inspection, I won't complain! ;-)
    "My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
    2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
    1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.

LiftedAWDAstro
    I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Nice you got the t-case installed! Where's the pics? :poke: As for calibrating or checking the air gap on the VSS, I have no idea.
    Current rides:
    2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
    2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
    2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
    1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
    1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
    1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
    2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
    2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

SKULLHEAD

Post by SKULLHEAD »

van 3 lift 4.jpg
    Just want to thank you all for all the great info and pic's on the 233c case install . I will be installing my 233 case tomorrow . Been chomping at the bits for over a year now to start this project . I will post anything that isnt a re post of what you have all posted that may help any other astro fans out . Wish me luck ! T case came out of a 99 s 10 blazer and is going into a 2000 awe astro.
    van 3 lift 4.jpg

Herbie
    ASV Supporter
    ASV Supporter

Post by Herbie »

Awesome! Post all the pics, there's no repost since every van can be a little different and even a slightly different angle can help someone else.

Can't wait!
    "My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
    2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
    1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.