Thanks wifey.....now what

HVAC, heating, cooling, air handling. Anything air temp related.

Topic author
coolen
I finally get the smurf thing

Thanks wifey.....now what

Post by coolen »

so the other day my wife complained of the blower motor in the van making noise. actually, it has been an issue for a while now. just one of those things. either way, it died. she said she could smell burning then the fan stopped. so did the motor totally 100% finally give up and burnt out, or do ya's think more damage was caused?
95 safari AWD
94 astro, just itchin' for a V8!!

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Thanks wifey.....now what

Post by kings-x59 »

hopefully the fuse on the circuit popped so the wiring to the blower motor didn't fry.
There's a little more to that circuit than just the motor and fuse, but electronics is not one of my better subjects. One of the guru's will chime in I'm sure.

Replacing the blower motor was not difficult on my '89. If memory serves, the setup on the later year models was a little different, which made it a little bit more of a challenge.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Topic author
coolen

Post by coolen »

i guess i'll just take a look at the fuse, if that isn't fried, then i'll have to pull the blower motor connector and check it for power.
95 safari AWD

Topic author
coolen

Post by coolen »

i guess that it is safe to assume that the motor in my 94, is the same as my 95?
95 safari AWD

nitropyro

Post by nitropyro »

the only difference if any is the elec. connector. they used to use 2 then switch to a weather tight connector i know a 96 has the new one not sure about 95.
Danny
Danny im 21 year old with an 89 astro bbc 9in bagged 20's & 18's

marco10
I am smitten with my van

Post by marco10 »

Can someone tell me if the fuse for the blower motor is dedicated or is it shared with another component? Which one is it on the fuse panel?
2004 Astro, RWD, 3:73 axle/w tow package
LPD Tanny Cooler, Prodigy Brake Controller
Timbren Rear Springs