Rear Defrost Not Working

Radiator, thermostat, water pump, antifreeze, etc.

Topic author
blacknome
I sleep in my van

Rear Defrost Not Working

Post by blacknome »

Mt rear defrost stopped working back in Dec. Fuse in the left footwell is good, I cannot see the leads on the window as they are covered by the trim.

Van is an '03 AWD with the Dutch Doors. The rear wiper and washer work so...... any ideas ?

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Rear Defrost Not Working

Post by potskie »

blacknome wrote:Mt rear defrost stopped working back in Dec. Fuse in the left footwell is good, I cannot see the leads on the window as they are covered by the trim.

Van is an '03 AWD with the Dutch Doors. The rear wiper and washer work so...... any ideas ?
HAving the same problem with mine right now actually. I've managed to track mine down to the wire that runs from the back of HVAC control on the dash to the window.

I would pull the HVAC control unit and check for 12v out on the purple wire ( the one that is part of the 4 wire harness close to the lower drivers side of the back of the unit.) when the button is pressed as it is what runs to the back window. If there is no 12v on that wire it means the relay in the unit is done or there is no power to it. If there is 12v it's time to pull the rear trim and check for 12v at the window on the positive side then the negative. The connections on the window have been known to wear out.

I've got schematics for the HVAC control unit connections if you need em.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!