Rocker Exit

Manifolds, flexpipe, catalytic converters, mufflers, hangers, piping, EGR etc.

Topic author
Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Rocker Exit

Post by Rebel »

Haven't looked under my van to check this out for clearence but was wondering if anyone has done an exhaust exit out of the rockers toward the rear ?
Not sure about the driver side because of the gas tank but since I changed out to an S-10 tank there may be room. If not enough room guess both could exit, one in front of the other on the passenger side.
Just a thought and hope that's all it is,,I've got to stop at some point. This thing is wearing me out. Not to mention Susan. :whistle:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Jboy2
I sleep in my van

Post by Jboy2 »

i was thinking of make my exhaust exit from the rockers :-k Would look cool =P~

Topic author
Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Yea,,think it would look pretty slick. Got so much going on now with the tails and filling the slider next. Wish these things would quit coming to mind. Why don't you do it and take the pressure off. [-o<
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

Rockwerx
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Rockwerx »

You could try a bit of photochoping to see what your idea may look like. Ideas are cheap...actually doing it may not be though. ](*,)
1988 V8 Safari Panel
1985 V8 Astro Panel
1990 V8 Astro LT AWD Lifted
1988 V6 Astro Panel
1990 V6 Astro Panel
1991 V6 Safari SLT AWD bad engine knock
19?? V6 Safari SLT for parts

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

You could try a bit of photochoping to see what your idea may look like. Ideas are cheap...actually doing it may not be though.

VIDEO

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

I`m one step ahead of you guys......
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

You know,,you mentioned in a thread about not saying anything about a certain mod. you were going to do. Well,,when you were here you never told me what that was. Guess you thought you did. Well,,is this it ?
Just can't pull anything over on the Leftcoast, can we ?
Need pics bad,,you know that.

VIDEO

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

All I can say that it comes out from somewhere different......! Because I am different, and I didn`t want it to spoil my smoooth body lines......
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Mr_Roboto
I sleep in my van

Post by Mr_Roboto »

SoCalli V8 wrote:All I can say that it comes out from somewhere different......! Because I am different, and I didn`t want it to spoil my smoooth body lines......
Your "smooth body lines" are the last thing I wanna hear about. Take some pics, if it looks good and I start getting into the body work phase, I'll copy yours :P I think an oval exit of some sort at the back of the sliding door would look cool, along with it being clearanced in the rocker panel.

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

I'm on the look out for something to give it a more rounded edge on the oval cut. Haven't found anything yet but am sure there's something out there and yes, am sure what I do will be exiting out the slider toward the rear and may do both on that side.
Darren,,when we gonna see pics ? You know the ol saying,,,what is that now ? lol

VIDEO

Mr_Roboto
I sleep in my van

Post by Mr_Roboto »

Rebel wrote:I'm on the look out for something to give it a more rounded edge on the oval cut. Haven't found anything yet but am sure there's something out there and yes, am sure what I do will be exiting out the slider toward the rear and may do both on that side.
Darren,,when we gonna see pics ? You know the ol saying,,,what is that now ? lol
My other thought is camaro tips, like the square ones and then making a clearancing spot in the rockers for those. My big issue with that is that they don't make any 3", I'd love one for a single 3" exhaust. I may have to work something up on my own, and go from there.

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Mr Roboto,,,if you'll go to Ebay and search out exhaust tips you'll find some stainless for Z's. Look for the guy who sells um out of Ky. He was going to make me up one with two inlets when I had planned on coming out under the dif. He can also make the 3in. inlet If I remember correctly.

VIDEO

Mr_Roboto
I sleep in my van

Post by Mr_Roboto »

Sounds like what I want, I may end up talking to a buddy of mine with a MIG and seeing what he can do for me too.

meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Re: Rocker Exit

Post by meetthespeakers »

I was flipping through a truckin mag, and this is what this topic reminded me off,

1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Topic author
Rebel

Re: Rocker Exit

Post by Rebel »

Stylinconcepts I think is where I've seen those. Kind of like the oblong one with the 3 openings but if I remember correctly,,that little jewel was around 300 bucks for one.

Still don't know what I'm going to do with mine but plan on exiting rockers somewhere.

Wonder what our west coast friend came up with. Said he had a surprise along this line but haven't seen anything from him yet either. He'll spring it on us sooner or later I'm sure.

VIDEO