AstroSafariVans.com

The premier site for Astro and Safari van information
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: check this out
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:43 pm 
I finally get the smurf thing

Years back I bought a 1985 astro it was with a 4.3 with a 4 barrel carb and it had factory stainless header style exhaust manifolds. Needless to say I never forgot about that van as it was my first astro/safari. Well recently I decided to go back to college (I start in May) So with that decision I also decided to build a 4.3 for my 89 astro mainly for gas mileage. SO after getting most of the parts I need to overhaul the stock 89 V6 I remembered the 85 and the idea came to me to find both the 4 barrel intake (which is aluminum) and the stainless manifolds as they breath better then other stock manifolds.
I found both the manifolds and the intake for $300 bucks shipping included. The exhaust manifolds were only on the 1985 then GM discontinued them as is the intake I believe. I am going to use the intake with a TBI adapter just as I did on the V8 I built in the past for better breathing intake side. Can anyone here recommend a cam for this? I will give you the salvage yard that found me these items after I purchase them so I get mine first LOL If anyone wants to check them out for other parts as they do online sales too.

Post subject: Re: check this out
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:04 pm 
I sleep in my van

I looked for one of those v6 Quadrajet manifilds for a while for my 3.8 in my '81 Monte. I was going to do the cam, etc also. It was going to cost too much so I'm putting a 400 together instead.
Congrats on finding one, good luck on your project.