97 Astro hard start, misfire help

PLACE ANY ISSUES RELATED TO YOUR VAN NOT STARTING OR STARTING HARD IN HERE.

Topic author
Justin504
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

97 Astro hard start, misfire help

Post by Justin504 »

Hi, I'm new here. I've looked around a bit an haven't seen any posts of my exact problem so I figured I try posting. I own a 97 astro that has been having a annoying issue for a while now. Every 10,000 to 15,000 miles it'll start running bad hard starting and misfiring fairly easy fix. Remove doghouse an replace cap and rotor and plug wires and it's good to go again. But I got 181,000 miles on it that's a lot of tune ups. My dad owned the van before me and he fought with this problem for a while. He tried different cap and rotor from all the part distributors even Chevy still didn't help. I've since changed the distributor and the coil pack and made the distributor adjustable to counter the 15 degrees negative it had at one point. Thought that had fixed but at 14,000 miles same problem. I use auto zone cap and rotor cause it's got a lifetime warranty. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I would love to be able to drive 30,000 miles between tune ups. If you need any more information let me know

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: 97 Astro hard start, misfire help

Post by Smiliesafari »

Are you using the high end stuff or the cheap crap? It does make a difference.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle