Rough idle wont stay running...

PLACE ANY ISSUES RELATED TO YOUR VAN NOT STARTING OR STARTING HARD IN HERE.

Topic author
madslammer
I get chills without my van.

Rough idle wont stay running...

Post by madslammer »

Hi, I changed the Cam sensor on my 97 astro. Also changed the Dist. cap & rotor...
went to start it and it wont stay on. I idles super rough. It's showing code P-1345... ???
Any Ideas???
Thanks.
'97 Astro 2wd, lowered 4" w/Belltech spindles and drop leafs.
'87 Astro 2wd, lifted, pretty close to 4" all around.

infinite.chris

Re: Rough idle wont stay running...

Post by infinite.chris »

madslammer wrote:Hi, I changed the Cam sensor on my 97 astro. Also changed the Dist. cap & rotor...
went to start it and it wont stay on. I idles super rough. It's showing code P-1345... ???
Any Ideas???
Thanks.
Looks like 1345 is "Manufacturer control ignition system or misfire." Timing likely needs adjusting, it will sit in there 180* out of sync and runs like S*@%.

(TBO, if it was 180 out, it wouldn't probably start period, but it could still be the case.)

I say double check your spark wires, losen up the dist, and have someone slowly turn it clockwise / counter clockwise while trying to start, It may come into time. There's a post on the "other forum" that details this stuff http://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11456 might be worth a check out, couldn't find anything here that quickly.

Best of luck!
[SCRUFFY 95 RWD Astro Cargo :: 227k ]

------------------------------------------------

Topic author
madslammer

Post by madslammer »

Thanks... I think I messed the timing by first loosening the sensor an then cranking the van 'till the slot on the metal part on the dist. lined up with the sensor so i could take it out. Guess it's must be the timing. I feel so dumb... #-o
'97 Astro 2wd, lowered 4" w/Belltech spindles and drop leafs.
'87 Astro 2wd, lifted, pretty close to 4" all around.

infinite.chris

Post by infinite.chris »

madslammer wrote:Thanks... I think I messed the timing by first loosening the sensor an then cranking the van 'till the slot on the metal part on the dist. lined up with the sensor so i could take it out. Guess it's must be the timing. I feel so dumb... #-o
That would do it! Don't feel bad, I installed mine at 180 offset and thought the dist and rotor were f'ed till I figured out you could put it in wrong. FWIW, the flat plate on my dist sits at about 5 o'clock on my 95.
[SCRUFFY 95 RWD Astro Cargo :: 227k ]

------------------------------------------------