lifting a 91 AWD Tiger

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: lifting a 91 AWD Tiger

Post by T.Low »

suntinez wrote:Thanks. They are Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro 225/75/16 load range E. I wanted the higher load range because of the added weight and frequent offroad trips, and went to 16" rims because nothing in 15" rims was available. It's my new favorite tire, I put them on the Ford Tiger too - they've handled great in every terrain so far.

The Ford leafs are extra-beefy (1500lb rating over GVW) , no need for anything there. The new owner is aware of this site, he may pop up sometime.

I was going to make a reference to your other Astro buyer being the one to pop up...but then thought better of it. #-o

Nice to see you Linda.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

hburge
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by hburge »

Hey Suntinez!! i was wondering if you i could ask you what the price on those Atlas springs were. Im looking to do the exact type of lift to my 1987 Astro tiger GT. I still have to do the subframe swap for the AWD but im working my way there. Also im assuming if i use yours as reference they would beable to make the same leaf spring pack. Also to get the 5" in the front did you only add the 2" spacers or torsion keys also?
Awesome build!!

I am very excited to get mine where i want it.
Thanks You

-Harold

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

You should just give Atlas springs, or another spring shop in your area a call.
She listed out all the specs on those springs herein the thread. Make some calls.
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.