EGR bolt hole repair and more

Topic author
GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

EGR bolt hole repair and more

Post by GEJ »

I posted this repair on AS.I did a bolt hole repair in mid summer.That is where I had one bolt hole that was needing a heil coil repair.So instead of just repairing the hole,I replaced the bolts with studs.The studs I found that work the best are ones from a Ford exhaust manifold. Sure does make it easier.I also put in a screened EGR gasket.Lately my 1994 LT was acting like the EGR was plugged again.So I bought another screen gasket.(thinking I burned thru the one that was one the van).Well I took it apart today and didn't find anything wrong.As I looked at the EGR opening with it off,I looked up and yeppers there it was.There is a cruise control diaphragm right above the EGR and the bracket that is riveted to it that pulls back on the throttle was almost broken off at the rivets.In fact it was just hanging on with only on rivet.So that diaphragm had one open hole where is was sucking air.So I removed the diaphragm and drilled out the rivets and re-rivet it back together.Used some silicone to seal it back up.It is running and idling much better now.I thought it was something that would be easy to miss and wanted to share this find with you all.Also to post the stud/screen EGR repair on this site too.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: EGR bolt hole repair and more

Post by astrozam »

Got any pics?

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

I will post with pictures as soon as I can.Think the info could be used by some.

A more direct answer is right now Zam I don't have pictures.But I will photo the repair and post those when I am able.I am aware how much that comes into play with web sites like this.Sorry I couldn't provide the photo's at this time.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Nice post, Gary. Thanks.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Though it'd be a better post WITH PICS, dammit! :butthead:

Hey Gary, didn't you buy a digital camera, way back when? I seem to recall it raised quite a ruckus too. Figured you'd be snappin' pics left'n right with it by now... :yawinkle:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

TheChopFather
Retired
Retired

Post by TheChopFather »

peter wrote:Though it'd be a better post WITH PICS, dammit! :butthead:

Hey Gary, didn't you buy a digital camera, way back when? I seem to recall it raised quite a ruckus too. Figured you'd be snappin' pics left'n right with it by now... :yawinkle:
Hes doing the picturless how to! Gary I got this camera from qvc.com model #E03301 price 199.00 on flex pay (5 payments) this camera has so many neat things to it its awesome.... and my dad got this one from the same place for $273.00 Model # E03688 I wish I would have gotten this one instead You could take pics of the hemeroids on Peters rear from your house... Just a couple MORE sugestions!
ISN'T HE SO SEXY IN HIS PRETTY WHITE DRESS???LOL

Topic author
GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Your totally right.Having a camera is the only way to be totally engaged with sites like this.I understand that completely.I will do something about that A.S.A.P.

Chops,Thanks for you input.Way tired today and will look at that closer in a little bit.

I just wanted to post about the results of the repair.So far this van is running better than it ever did.Just got my fingers crossed that it holds.

Thank You folks,

Gary
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer