abs light/brake light on,youtube fix.

General technical discussion and troubleshooting

Topic author
Mark C.
I get chills without my van.

abs light/brake light on,youtube fix.

Post by Mark C. »

My abs light and brake light have come on soon after driving,ocasionally turning off briefly. Finally got the code,I forget the number but it was the ebcm relay circuit. Sourced a couple online businesses claiming to "remanufacture" the ebcm. Hundred and fifty bucks made me live with the lights for quite a while. Eventually got pissed by lights and looming snow and non functional abs,started lookin for solution,found youtube vid tellin how to re-solder rely circuit. Figured I had little to lose in trying. I will say gettin the thing out of the van,and back in was the hard part. Cutting the thing open was also trying,I was worried I was cuttin thru circuits or who knows what. Once I got it open the circuits sure looked micro compared to video. I borrowed some reading glasses,bought some circuit board solder,flux cored,and went for it. I have been drivin a few weeks and no light and I have tested abs in snow conditions and they are fully functional. Not sure if u guys have tried this so thought I'd share. I also took pics of ebcm,let me know if u want to see them.

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: abs light/brake light on,youtube fix.

Post by Smiliesafari »

Lots of pics, Mark. Always lots of pics. Good post. I have not heard of anyone repairing the ABS.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Topic author
Mark C.
I get chills without my van.

Post by Mark C. »

this is the ebcm before I cut it open.
and this is opened up.Ok the youtube vid instructed to solder the two joints to the right of the barcode and the four joints on opposite side,the larger ones in a horizontal row. But watch vid before u try.

marco10
I am smitten with my van

Post by marco10 »

Where is this module located? Can it be removed without jacking the van up?
2004 Astro, RWD, 3:73 axle/w tow package
LPD Tanny Cooler, Prodigy Brake Controller
Timbren Rear Springs