Trying to squeeze more out of every gallon

Major projects, rebuilds and overhauls covering multiple areas

91AWDAstro
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Trying to squeeze more out of every gallon

Post by 91AWDAstro »

I agree I don't think there is much you can do other than reduce the weight, but I would take a good amount. I too noticed an increase in milage in the city with my V8 conversion when it was running good. Then again I was comparing a 160k V6 to a fresh V8.
---------
I don't understand all I know about that.
----------
Chris
91AWD 350
and a bunch of other wrecks...

crazyvanman
I get chills without my van.

Re: Trying to squeeze more out of every gallon

Post by crazyvanman »

When a deer ran into my van it took out my right front tire as well. My sister happen to have a brand new set of 205/60/15 Goodyears that she was o longer going to use. When i put them on the front of my 91 RWD it gave me that old school look but i did notice a 1 to 1.5 mpg increase for the next few thousand miles. Not say'n it is scientific; i'm jes say'n. :D :peep:
91 Astro EXT; never liked GM till i stumbled into this van. Free just for dragging it out of a field. Ran like a scalded cat, had 53K miles and completely rusted out brake lines. Been all over North America, lots of fire roads and no roads; fully loaded and towing constantly. Average 21 mpg. I recently (by accident) found out she now has 265,886.4 miles without so much as a tuneup, and only 1 oil change. And still no leaks. MAN I LOVE THIS VAN !

!994 Safari AWD