Project Astrolade

Major projects, rebuilds and overhauls covering multiple areas

Topic author
Mcfly Minis
I get chills without my van.

Re: Project Astrolade

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Mr Singh wrote:Awesome skills, looking real good!

What size are those rims?
20"
Martin

dcarlson01
I am merely driving my van

Post by dcarlson01 »

I don't have a Safari or an Astro van but I had to make an acct. I am a friend of the owner of this van. I have gone and checked the van out a few times now with my friend. The work that has been done to this van looks just as good in person as it does in these pictures. Gotta say that Martin sure knows what he is doing. My friend is very meticulous and picky when it comes to having his rides customized and worked on(as we all are when it comes to spending our money). He has not had a single complaint about the quality of the work being done and is very happy with the work. Hope to see it cruzin in the 315 soon!
I can say that if I had something I wanted done to my Audi that required customization I would definitely take it to Martin. Maybe a custom fiberglass sub box some door panels or a widebody kit. Saw a door panel that he worked on and that thing was bad as$. Post a pic of that panel if you still have it at the shop. I know it's not for this project but it's a work of art.
Anyone that is local and has plans for their ride should definitely take a trip to Macedon to this shop. The few projects other than the van I have seen when I have gone there have all looked sweet. This van is gonna look freakin sweet when it's done. Gonna try to hit some shows up when it's done.
Keep posting the pics so everyone(including myself) can see the progress. Im sure I will be back to the shop b4 its all done but I wanna see too! lol..

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

cool fabrication pics.... > we love that here....
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

dcarlson01 wrote:I don't have a Safari or an Astro van but I had to make an acct. I am a friend of the owner of this van. I have gone and checked the van out a few times now with my friend. The work that has been done to this van looks just as good in person as it does in these pictures. Gotta say that Martin sure knows what he is doing. My friend is very meticulous and picky when it comes to having his rides customized and worked on(as we all are when it comes to spending our money). He has not had a single complaint about the quality of the work being done and is very happy with the work. Hope to see it cruzin in the 315 soon!
I can say that if I had something I wanted done to my Audi that required customization I would definitely take it to Martin. Maybe a custom fiberglass sub box some door panels or a widebody kit. Saw a door panel that he worked on and that thing was bad as$. Post a pic of that panel if you still have it at the shop. I know it's not for this project but it's a work of art.
Anyone that is local and has plans for their ride should definitely take a trip to Macedon to this shop. The few projects other than the van I have seen when I have gone there have all looked sweet. This van is gonna look freakin sweet when it's done. Gonna try to hit some shows up when it's done.
Keep posting the pics so everyone(including myself) can see the progress. Im sure I will be back to the shop b4 its all done but I wanna see too! lol..

Wow Dj, Thanks for the great comments. I'm happy to hear Dan and his friends are happy with the work performed. I can't thank you enough for the post.
Martin

dcarlson01

Post by dcarlson01 »

no need to thank me. Just being honest. The work you have done looks better than "great". It's amazing what you have transformed his "grandparents van" into. post some pics of the progress. Im gonna have to take my son over to check it out! I was gonna after log cabin yesterday but I didn't. Gonna have to next week

slapmaster

Post by slapmaster »

any info on the type of hinges or hing going to be used on the slidding door? is it the big 180 hing?

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

I got pics, and progress. Started bagging the back.

Martin

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

Cooooooool!
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

dcarlson01

Post by dcarlson01 »

Lookin good! definitely low thats for sure. Don't think it could get any lower. Been waitin on ya to get some pics up. Still gotta take my son out to check it out. Keep up the magic you call customizing!

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Mounted the tanks. I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me. Keep in the mind the wheel tubs are going to be huge and fill a lot of the open space on the sides. The tanks and tubing work will be painted the same as the outside of the van. All nice nice.
Martin

Mr Singh
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Mr Singh »

I love it!!
:supz:
1997 2WD Chevy Astro

SSAstro
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by SSAstro »

what size airlines are you using if its 1/2" i would like to know how fast the front comes up mine has 3/8" all around and the rear flies up at 200 psi but the front takes forever to come up and i'm debating on 1/2" valves with 5/8" airline thanks in advance

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

SSAstro wrote:what size airlines are you using if its 1/2" i would like to know how fast the front comes up mine has 3/8" all around and the rear flies up at 200 psi but the front takes forever to come up and i'm debating on 1/2" valves with 5/8" airline thanks in advance
I am using 1/2" line with 3/8" valves and it's slow up front. Astro frontends are very heavy. You could try dual port bags up front, it requires another set of valves to truly function as dual port. But it will double your current lift speed.
Martin

Topic author
Mcfly Minis

Post by Mcfly Minis »

Starting to get back into this project again. look for updates.
Martin

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Great,,was really watching this build and the great work you're doing. Be waiting to see what's new.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words