Corner Weight: SAS fine tuning

Topic author
gabequest
I finally get the smurf thing

Corner Weight: SAS fine tuning

Post by gabequest »

Yo Folks!
Hope all is well. My life....is all over the place.....but I'll have a good write up soon on the SAS radius arm PROCESS from the past few years.
I'm trying to dial in the suspension and steering on my radius arm SAS. I'm moving from bushings on Track Bar, Tie Rod and Drag Link, to Heim Joints....and also trying to determine if increasing spring rate and changing valving may help me get rid of my sway bar. It bounces me around a bit and wears out the sway bar links (since they are very short: 3" or so). Also, I don't have a ton of lift and the current sway bar location makes it difficult to mount the tie rod on top of the passenger knuckle.

?????Does anyone know the corner wts for our vans? (preferably minus axle wt but thats prolly too much to ask.)????? :yikes:

I'll do a full write up on the last 2.5 years of "testing" once I figure it out....but I'm close

thanks,
Gabe
Attachments
IMG_1699.PNG
IMG_1996.jpg
swayarmdragtierod.jpg
frametrackbarpitman.jpg
swayarmdraglink.jpg
2004 Astro AWD
4inch Overland lift, 265/70/16, Poptop Colorado CamperVan, 11inch Roof Fan, Custom Bumper...more to come on the interior

sin3kal
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Re: Corner Weight: SAS fine tuning

Post by sin3kal »

necrothread but...

No answer to your corner weight question, but would like to express interest in your writeup when that happens. I have a set of full size jeep axles I'm trying to shoehorn under the van in the "near" future.