Another new guy.

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
luckyeugene
I am merely driving my van

Another new guy.

Post by luckyeugene »

Hey Everyone

I've been reading the boards here for a minute and have gained a good deal of great insight on Astros. I am in the middle of an Astro transformation project and considering I am new to Astros this site has been a huge help.

So far here is what I've done: Gutted the interior down to bare steel. Refinished all the hard trim and moulding with truck bed liner (bulletproof). Made all new wood panels to replace the stock junk. Insulated all panels, headliner, and floor area. New carpet throughout. Rattled canned the front seats with upholstery paint. Installed new sound system with wiring throughout. replaced the heater switch and relay. Adjusted door strikers and hinges. De-gunked the sliding door track and of course, re lubed it. Welded up a new roof rack. i am currently in the process of building camping furniture for this bad boy! I have done alot of other nickel and dime jobs. I am positive that I am forgetting a ton of stuff. Almost forgot, paint! I painted the exterior with a satin green enamel and faded it into flat black along the lower body line.

So with that said, it's been a busy couple of months. I purchased this van stock in early January and now it is just about ready for spring kayaking season. I essentially want the finished product to be a comfortable no BS van that I can easily live out of for 2-3 days at a time.

I plan to continue reading and posting as I can. If you notice anything I've done and have any questions, please ask.

BTW. I am not good at HTML. How do I easily post pics? Help?

Cheers
Eugene

Topic author
luckyeugene

Re: Another new guy.

Post by luckyeugene »

let's see if this works for pics....
http://astrovan.shutterfly.com

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by MountainManJoe »

Nice restoration work. Must be nice not to have rust.

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome to the site, Eugene. You've done a great job on your van. I like how simple and effective the wood panels are. Have fun this spring. Be safe.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Welcome to the site eugene glad to hear you've found it helpful, shutterfly looks like a good site to host pics for ya. Nice job on the van, like the colour of the van and placement of the stickers on the back door panels seems like a good fit. :cheers:

sandpiper

Post by sandpiper »

welcome aboard, nice job on the van, wish Ihad your talent.