NE Oklahoma 2000 Astro owner saying “Hi.”

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
JimY
I am merely driving my van

NE Oklahoma 2000 Astro owner saying “Hi.”

Post by JimY »

Hi I’m James living in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.

I bought a 2000 Astro LT 4.3 RWD with I believe the 4L60E tranny. One owner has about 120K Miles. Recently I flushed every fluid on the vehicle, replaced every front end part, changed the plugs (sucked), wires, cap, rotor, belt, tensioner, and idler pulley, front wheel bearings, brakes, all filters (fuel filter was a bit rough but not too bad). A few things on this forum helped me quite a bit in these endeavors. I just like to know that maintenance has been done and it helps me stick to a maintenance schedule. The vehicle ran fine when I got it a month or so ago (and still does).

Will take a few pictures if someone wants me to.

After getting all this work done I had the brake and ABS light come on so I bought a scan tool and it’s saying C0265. Been following this in the forums and most say it’s the ECM module and bad solder joints. But the funny thing is that I have a suspicion it may just be that the portioning valve is stuck as when I bled the brakes I noticed the rear didn’t really bleed well (very little fluid came out). I’m going to try to open a rear bleeder with the fronts closed and use hydraulic pressure to see if that’s the case. Is that possibly why those lights are on? Seems wierd for the ECM to go bad just after doing brake work. Maybe the grounds in front of the radiator? I did spill quite a bit of DOT 3 around that area.

Captn. Crunch
I sleep in my van

Re: NE Oklahoma 2000 Astro owner saying “Hi.”

Post by Captn. Crunch »

Bleeding abs brakes can be tricky and can cause a light if done wrong. Feel free to search here and use google as to how to do this job correctly. I personally have a vacuum bleeder setup from harbor freight for $25.00 that has worked very well on my 99 Safari and my ‘00 Zr2 which both sport the same brake system.
p.s.
Welcome to site and the madness that is our love for these awesome vans
Captn. Crunch
"I don't beat my rig-I use it to it's maximum potential"
1994 Safari conversion (sold) and miss'n it!
1999 Safari SLE AWD junked
2003 GMC Safari AWD SLT
cast iron Torsen equipped front diff
S-10 leafs-G80 rear w/3.73’s
2” body lift w/Falken Wildpeak AT’s

tomas

Re: NE Oklahoma 2000 Astro owner saying “Hi.”

Post by tomas »

Howdy James! That sounds a nice Astro. Would love to see some pics.