Van & S-Series Truck Enthusiast

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
nicoloyd
I am merely driving my van

Van & S-Series Truck Enthusiast

Post by nicoloyd »

I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Nic and I have been a van and S-Series truck enthusiast for many years. I previously owned a 89' Astro Gladiator conversion, a few first-gen S-10 pickups, and a couple first-gen Blazers. I have been driving a small car daily to commute to work and will be looking for a Astro/Safari van once the car is paid off in December. Planning on lifting the Astro/Safari mildly. I am also a fan of the minitruckin scene and have owned a couple bagged mini's before. My second vehicle plan is to obtain another first-gen Blazer/Jimmy and lower it, and maybe slap in a V8. I want to enjoy the best of both worlds, at least that is how I see it.

Anyhow, looks to be a great community of like-minded people on here. I am also a member over at the S10forum, AstroSafari, and BlazinLow under the same user name. I have a Instagram account named VansofNorthAmerica as well.

See you around!
Living it up on planet Earth.

Captn. Crunch
I sleep in my van

Re: Van & S-Series Truck Enthusiast

Post by Captn. Crunch »

Welcome to the site! It's nice to have an S truck nut around. There are so many commonalities between these vans and the S series it will be awesome to have an insiders view. I've been swapping some of the most basic and obvious like rear springs and transfer cases. Always looking for bolt in upgrades.
Captn. Crunch
"I don't beat my rig-I use it to it's maximum potential"
1994 Safari conversion (sold) and miss'n it!
1999 Safari SLE AWD junked
2003 GMC Safari AWD SLT
cast iron Torsen equipped front diff
S-10 leafs-G80 rear w/3.73’s
2” body lift w/Falken Wildpeak AT’s

Topic author
nicoloyd

Re: Van & S-Series Truck Enthusiast

Post by nicoloyd »

Thanks for the welcome Captn.!