Submissions wanted for new sections on the ASV front page

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
justice
I sleep in my van

Submissions wanted for new sections on the ASV front page

Post by justice »

As many of you know there is a redesign coming for the front page of ASV. We will be adding more information and things to bring more content to the site.

One of the first new pieces was the Van of the Month, the first van has been chosen and i will hopefully have the infor and pics soon =D>

Anyway....what does all this mean? Well, if you have ever wanted to be a "magazine" writer, here is your chance. We are looking for the following types of writeups.

Tech tips - Writeups about the common (and not so common) issues that Astro/Safari van owners deal with all the time. From simple things like changing a headlight, to removing the doghouse. Installing new brakes, shocks, a radio..the list goes on and on. We would like these writeups to be well documented with pictures and a list of the tools needed (used). These would then be archived into the Tech gallery for later viewing.

Tool reviews Got a new tool for working on your van, lets hear about it because you know there is someone else out there that will be doing the same thing and we would like to make their life easier! And just like above, well written with lots of pics.

Product reviews Same as above, got a new toy for the Van? Write it up!

Car/Van shows again, a write up of the show with lots of pics for everyone to drool over.

All writers/photographers credit will be given for the articles and in a best case scenario, I would have more than I could use in any one month so I would have extras for the next month.

Questions, comments, concerns? Fire away. Lets hear what cha got, or feel free to send me a PM if you want.
I have a ban hammer and I ain't fraid to use it!

Current - 2004 Astro Cargo

Former
95 Safari (money pit - sold)
93 Astro Cargo (totaled)
85 Astro - (Bought for parts and scrapped)
92 Astro Conversion (sold)
87 Safari Shorty (sold)

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Submissions wanted for new sections on the ASV front page

Post by astrozam »

I think they're all solid ideas,it will not only showcase members rides but will keep the home pg looking fresh,and the tech tips/product reviews/shows etc,gives all members a chance to become involved in one way or another with the site.
The more participation from members the better the site becomes.

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

Its funny you say magazine writer , i was thinking that the main page should look like a magazine cover . with the van of the month pictured & the articles that are written that month should be have a short description of what they are on the main page also . I know something like that would be alot of work for you Dow but its an idea .

http://www.magazines.com/magcom/covers/ ... 060617.jpg

something like this as main page .
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Topic author
justice
I sleep in my van

Post by justice »

Yeah, Skippy. I was thinking magazine cover as well, and thanks for that pic, it gave me some ideas. Trying to do it just like a mag cover would be a lot of work so I'm going to style it similar but keep it modular so its easy to update.

I really hope people will feel encouraged to contribute, because like Zam said, the more people participate, the better the site will be.

Former
93 Astro Cargo (totaled)
87 Safari Shorty (sold)

Topic author
justice
I sleep in my van

Post by justice »

5 days...

till the second VOM

Also, if you have an article or review for the site, you need to get it to me soon for the April update.

Former
93 Astro Cargo (totaled)
87 Safari Shorty (sold)

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

Hi Dow,
I vote for Peter's ZZ.He has been a staple on both sites for a long long time with the van to back it up and the threads to back it up.
I also think items related to NECO is a front page issue too.That meet is important to many members for also for a long long time.Back stories,pictures,meets from the past is a large part of the history of both sites as well.Or camping in general is a large part of the members here.

Gar
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

Gar, we're not looking for nominations (we have plenty of those ) were looking for reviews and write-ups from members to help with Aprils layout.

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

astrozam wrote:Gar, we're not looking for nominations (we have plenty of those ) were looking for reviews and write-ups from members to help with Aprils layout.
:dunce: Opps,your right.Past Neco's????.

Gar
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

GEJ wrote:
astrozam wrote:Gar, we're not looking for nominations (we have plenty of those ) were looking for reviews and write-ups from members to help with Aprils layout.
:dunce: Opps,your right.Past Neco's????.

Gar
Well, I believe last NECO has been written about enough, so try something else.There are a ton of different things to submit,just need to give it some thought and PICS.

meetthespeakers
I sleep in my van

Post by meetthespeakers »

Rear sway bar install? Astro to Safari Grill Swap? That's all I got, I may be able to help you in a month if anyone is interested in a "custom black leather interior"...
1993 Astro, 1973 Austin Mini Clubman Estate, 1980 Trabant, 1961 Morris Minor

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Keith, are you looking for mods. that haven't already been posted with pics ?
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

GEJ wrote:Hi Dow,
I vote for Peter's ZZ.He has been a staple on both sites for a long long time with the van to back it up and the threads to back it up.
Gary

Amazing what $50.00/month can get you as far as support goes. :muhaha:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

peter wrote:
GEJ wrote:Hi Dow,
Gary

Amazing what $50.00/month can get you as far as support goes. :muhaha:

Ahhhhh,about that $50.00 a month.Well we haven't recieved the last four payments and we also need to raise the charges due to the new exchange rate in money.Yeppers,you need to forward Canadain funds now.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
The vendor trailer

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Keith, are you looking for mods. that haven't already been posted with pics ?
:-k :-k
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

Rebel wrote:Keith, are you looking for mods. that haven't already been posted with pics ?
Not really Mods per se Larry,they would go in the Tech gallery,but lets say you got a new GPS, or had used some really cool paint to paint interior panels and wanted to give a quick review of what paint you used :D Or what kinda easy on easy off wax your inner Mr Muyagi recently used to buff up your ride,Do you have a tech tip that would make a job easier and save time/money? a safety tip? like I said theres a ton of different things,we would however ask that submissions are accompanied by at least a few good pics to make it more interesting and informative to the membership. :supz: