So, what's up?

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
macsveen
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

So, what's up?

Post by macsveen »

Like the subject says ....

This is my first forum or any social interaction with the interweb.

I signed up, posted a question and I got nothing.

How's this work? What am I doing wrong? Is this bogus and there is no-one here?

Snowgeek
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: So, what's up?

Post by Snowgeek »

Macsvee, first interaction with the inter webs hu? I kinda wish I could say the same.

You may notice at the topish leftish side of the screen the “view active topics” button. You will see your post along with the other topics that have been posted or replied to in the last 7 days.

One thing you will notice is that this forum board isn’t the busiest forum out there. I like asv.com becuse there is a ton or real knowledge and not a lot of arguing and junk that can be a part of forums like this. But there are other forums out there which will get responses faster.... but the user group may or may not be as knowledgeable.

As to how this works we are all just like you. Just people who are spending their free time looking at van stuff. There is no paid staff who are responsible for answering questions and around here most people won’t answer unless they have experience with and are knowledgeable on the topic..... some times that means it takes time for a response. You can bump your thread by posting a reply to your own thread just to keep it up on the active topics list if needed.

Welcome,

Snowgeek
2004 Astro (was AWD now 4X4) 125,000 miles: purchased April 2012
Colorado Camper Van poptop
4" Overland lift, Rancho 5000 Cooper AT3 245/75/16 C,
4x4 - NP236 Transfercase
Propex HS2211 propane heater
I am copying a few of you hope you don't mind!

See my build here

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Herbie »

I think the biggest issue to your tech post was that nobody knew the answer!

There's a regular crew that checks in here, but this site is (blessedly) low-traffic. The downside is that the first couple of people to see your post may not have the answer. The upside is that the signal to noise ratio is VERY high here. No ads, no garbage posting.

Many of the members here also post on the "other forum", but I rarely go over there because the site layout alone gives me a headache. ;-)
"My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.

Stroverlander
I sleep in my van

Post by Stroverlander »

Welcome to the forum, congrats on your release from long term prison confinement! Just kidding! :D

I like it here too, good group of enthusiasts without drama albeit less trafficked. Stay awhile and ask away...
2004 Astro LT AWD Stroverlander

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome.....I've been here for a very long time. As stated before we probably didn't have an answer. This is pretty much a no nonsense group. There's a ton of info here. Be patient.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle