Going out to meet my Astro neighbor

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Captn. Crunch
I sleep in my van

Going out to meet my Astro neighbor

Post by Captn. Crunch »

So I get a message asking if I'd be interested in helping a forum member with the 136/236 tc swap. Umm sure but where do you live? Westerly he says. Hop skip and a jump from my house and only a hop and a skip if I head that way after work.
So I head over and the place is easy to find, there's Astro vans everywhere! I park mine next to his-big mistake! RINNY has a very nice rig! He graciously compliments me on my van. I am more than impressed with the quality and craftsmanship of all the upgrades and personal touches he's done to his van.
We chat about what we need for the swap and he shows me what he's gathered for parts. Everything's sitting there ready to go. All I need is some time. We joke about how much simpler it would be if we introduced our wives to each other and they got along. At least they have one thing in common already-they're both married to van junkies!
So we shake hands as I climb into the Safari and I steal a line from Casablanca " this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship " :partyman:
Captn. Crunch
"I don't beat my rig-I use it to it's maximum potential"
1994 Safari conversion (sold) and miss'n it!
1999 Safari SLE AWD junked
2003 GMC Safari AWD SLT
cast iron Torsen equipped front diff
S-10 leafs-G80 rear w/3.73’s
2” body lift w/Falken Wildpeak AT’s

Snowgeek
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Going out to meet my Astro neighbor

Post by Snowgeek »

That is great, I have one or two other guys here in Boise, id that are playing with astros but no one who is serious.

Ryan
2004 Astro (was AWD now 4X4) 125,000 miles: purchased April 2012
Colorado Camper Van poptop
4" Overland lift, Rancho 5000 Cooper AT3 245/75/16 C,
4x4 - NP236 Transfercase
Propex HS2211 propane heater
I am copying a few of you hope you don't mind!

See my build here