How to search on 2 words?

Questions, comments, criticisms, issues, suggestions, praise etc related to this Forum
(Please do not post van questions)

Topic author
SkipMorgart
I am merely driving my van

How to search on 2 words?

Post by SkipMorgart »

and by two words, I mean I want to look for both, one after the other...such as "emergency kit". On other forums I can put the words within double quotes, and it will search for that exact 2 word occurrence, but that doesn't seem to work on here. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: How to search on 2 words?

Post by astrozam »

SkipMorgart wrote:and by two words, I mean I want to look for both, one after the other...such as "emergency kit". On other forums I can put the words within double quotes, and it will search for that exact 2 word occurrence, but that doesn't seem to work on here. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I just tried it "emergency kit" and made sure the radio button was clicked for...Search for all terms or use query as entered... then went down and hit search

Here is what came up search.php?keywords=%22emergency+kit%22 ... mit=Search

RunnerForLife

Post by RunnerForLife »

Thanks...those results weren't exactly what I wanted, since it also brought back all other combinations that I would have to wade though...but thank you. It's no huge deal, but I was just hoping there was a way to JUST search and get ONLY the results of the string of words (together and in that order). Still, thank you.

Rein

Post by Rein »

I wondered the same thing, especially since the sister site (astrosafari.com, of course) does have the ability to search a phrase rather than individual words. Having this ability not only eliminates time scrolling through dozens of incorrect, incomplete results but could ultimately cut down on the necessity for duplication of responses, not only for the person searching but for moderators or regulars who then have to respond with links to the appropriate posts.

I invite moderators to search a phrase on this site and then duplicate that search on the other and observe the difference in results - that will show how much better the other site is in terms of efficiency for people looking for answers rather than just posting questions without doing their homework first.

thx
2004 RWD Astro Base purchased late 2018 - 3rd time’s a charm?
2000 AWD Safari SLE purchased 2011 - hanging onto for parts and possible rebuild.
1988 AWD Safari purchased very used; replaced engine w/rebuilt; scrapped at 23 years.

Falmouth, Cape Cod, USA