Revamp the forum page

Questions, comments, criticisms, issues, suggestions, praise etc related to this Forum
(Please do not post van questions)

krsowles
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Revamp the forum page

Post by krsowles »

Well I like the forum! Just wish I could figure out how to get my picture beside my posts and how to use the control panel to play with cool themes!
Sometimes, I realize that I'm clueless...Man, I hate those moments!
"S.S. Dark HoMutt"

1999 Chevy Astro AWD
1991 Chevy Astro AWD(retired)

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

The reason us admins haven't posted is we are too busy! Justice handles the site upkeep and Zam and I do the thread and member cleanup! I personally spend several hours every week cleaning up threads. I like the way it looks and works....I don't need fancy crap! :yawinkle:

Just went back and looked....the ones who posted in this thread who like it...PAID for the site...those who want more want it for FREE! :D Just coincidence I think. :muhaha: :muhaha:
Last edited by LiftedAWDAstro on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling errorrorrorror
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

I like the functionality......and I'm 100% Free-Loader. I wish there was food. :muhaha:

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

97CargoCrawler wrote:I like the functionality......and I'm 100% Free-Loader. I wish there was food. :muhaha:
Nah, You don't want any of this refried warmed over chit now do ya? Really?

PS Another post that won't be seen by the forums general populace...

Topic author
1Gary

Post by 1Gary »

LiftedAWDAstro wrote:The reason us admins haven't posted is we are too busy! Justice handles the site upkeep and Zam and I do the thread and member cleanup! I personally spend several hours every week cleaning up threads. I like the way it looks and works....I don't need fancy crap! :yawinkle:

Just went back and looked....the ones who posted in this thread who like it...paid("PAYED"??) for the site...those who want more want it for FREE! :D Just coincidence I think. :muhaha: :muhaha:

See Dean..........I just helped out. :yawinkle:

PAYED??. :muhaha:
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

LiftedAWDAstro

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

astroturf wrote:PS Another post that won't be seen by the forums general populace...
What do you mean by this statement?
Current rides:
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc

markmitchinnh
I sleep in my van

Post by markmitchinnh »

I love this site - I live in NH and winter sucks and if it was not for this site I would be so lost all winter as I do not have a garage and my safari sits all winter in storage. This site keeps it alive for me during these winters as well I ask alot of questions of this site so I order the right parts for me to install in spring, summer & fall. Thank you all . Mark
Recently bought a 1989 Astro RS from Florida. Replaced stock engine witha 1997 5.7 vortec with TBI and replaced transmission with rebuilt 700R4 with mild shift kit.
Bought on Monday the 16th of April 2012

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

LiftedAWDAstro wrote:
astroturf wrote:PS Another post that won't be seen by the forums general populace...
What do you mean by this statement?
Tap Tap Tap... Is this thing on? McFly McFly???

If you hit the View active topics button on the top of the page... This Area of the Forum WILL NOT show up.

That's what I mean by my statement.

Does it matter, Not really. It just does not involve all of the forums members in these types of discussions.

Carry On...

Jim

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

ALSO...

Van Campers section is not coming up with the active topics button.

Hope this helps, Jim

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

astroturf wrote: If you hit the View active topics button on the top of the page... This Area of the Forum WILL NOT show up.

That's what I mean by my statement.

Does it matter, Not really. It just does not involve all of the forums members in these types of discussions.

Carry On...

Jim
Yet, if Forum Members hit "view new posts" this area DOES come up and therefore does allow all forum members to view these types of discussions.

I'm going to ask, do you guys think that we are hiding certain forums from you? I mean if there was a technical glitch that wasn't allowing stuff to be seen I can see some of your concerns, but then the glitch would get looked at, but I get this sense that theres an appearance that we are trying to hide stuff. There are only two forums with restricted access, the first is the "Anything goes Forum" which lots of regulars have access to, the second is an "Admin/Mod Forum" which
only Admins/Mods have access to and is pretty standard to all Internet Forums.

The second question I'll ask is what kinda changes do YOU think should be made, Gary ( and I'm sure he means well ) has brought up the fact that AS made some changes and he thinks we should keep pace ( we are not in a competition with AS for members ) sooner or later many of the members from AS find their way over here anyways and appreciate the simpler less Totalitarian way that ASV is run. Portal pages and mega links and all that stuff is not what ASV is about, we don't need all the bells and whistles to try to make you think you've found Astro/Safari Nirvana.

97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

I didn't know about the "Anything Goes" section...You have been hiding it from me all this time?!!!!! :yawinkle:

If I can cuss there then all of my future builds can be found in that section.

I always use the "View new posts" link.

If someone is really interested in something, anything for that matter, why would they only limit themselves to one source of info? I don't think there is any competition between sites, none that I have seen. I only see folks who chit the bed and ended up kicked out of one or the other.

I still can't think of anything this site lacks. The other site is more attractive in that there are more members that have interesting projects going on. Like I said before, I have lost the desire to post any new projects here because of a few morons who like to pretend they own the place and have to always get the last word on your project.

That Ban Hammer needs to squash some of the A-holes on this site. That's the only improvement I can think of.

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

astrozam wrote:
Yet, if Forum Members hit "view new posts" this area DOES come up and therefore does allow all forum members to view these types of discussions.

I'm going to ask, do you guys think that we are hiding certain forums from you? I mean if there was a technical glitch that wasn't allowing stuff to be seen I can see some of your concerns, but then the glitch would get looked at, but I get this sense that theres an appearance that we are trying to hide stuff. There are only two forums with restricted access, the first is the "Anything goes Forum" which lots of regulars have access to, the second is an "Admin/Mod Forum" which
only Admins/Mods have access to and is pretty standard to all Internet Forums.

The second question I'll ask is what kinda changes do YOU think should be made, Gary ( and I'm sure he means well ) has brought up the fact that AS made some changes and he thinks we should keep pace ( we are not in a competition with AS for members ) sooner or later many of the members from AS find their way over here anyways and appreciate the simpler less Totalitarian way that ASV is run. Portal pages and mega links and all that stuff is not what ASV is about, we don't need all the bells and whistles to try to make you think you've found Astro/Safari Nirvana.
I think it is a glitch that needs some fixin...

Jim

LiftedAWDAstro

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

I don't see it as a glitch that warrants any looking into. I don't use either the view active or new posts buttons. I just scroll down to see where the new threads are and go to that section...seems very simple to me. :-s
Current rides:
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

Well, Now we have everybodies opinion, several times.

Y'all do what ya like.

Don't make me nonevermind.

Jim

markmitchinnh
I sleep in my van

Post by markmitchinnh »

Maybe you can put a sticky telling everyone to please keep there opinions to themselves unless asked. I like to customize vehicles I own to my liking if anyone is against that OH WELL! I own it and I will do as I please with it. If you like your vehicle stock thats fine its yours but don't bad mouth my choices and I will not bad mouth yours. Simple as that. Opinions are like butt holes we all have them and they all stink. is my moto.
Recently bought a 1989 Astro RS from Florida. Replaced stock engine witha 1997 5.7 vortec with TBI and replaced transmission with rebuilt 700R4 with mild shift kit.
Bought on Monday the 16th of April 2012