I asked nicely

Questions, comments, criticisms, issues, suggestions, praise etc related to this Forum
(Please do not post van questions)

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: I asked nicely

Post by astrozam »

leadtrombone's synopsis is pretty much bang on, well said.

I nor anyone else ( that I am aware of ) was shown anything to which Lumpy alluded to.

Now just to clear the air, Lumpy was not banned or kicked off the site for any comments that he made, he was simply asked to provide proof for the claims he was making and clear the air. Which he did not do.

It was his request to be removed from the site ( because he didn't believe we had the right to delete any of his posts ) and so his request has be granted and he is no longer able to participate in the Forums.

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

that's too bad it all played out this way.

too bad for the new OLV owner to have to deal with that kind of welcome.

too bad for lumpy, he seemed like a good member with a cool van, albeit a bit of a loose cannon.. i'd say that was part of his.. ummm.. charm? like his avatar with the banana's outta his ears.. oh the irony.. lol.

too bad for the members that won't get the useful contribution that lumpy was adding prior to all this.. a regular member that posts and adds info and pics are what makes a site successful.

some still don't fully understand how an internet forum truly works. what you post isn't actually yours. asking to have threads or posts deleted is at the discretion of the site admin. once you hit 'post' .. it's no longer yours. i am on many forums and it happens everywhere. in this day and age, i think people are getting way too use to the undo or delete button.

and nope leadtrombone.. not the norm at all... maybe the cliff clavin ... but not the norm :muhaha: i kid i kid :rolleyes:
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

LaGrasta
I sleep in my van

Post by LaGrasta »

schinkies!
1998 Astro, 246,000 miles

K&N air filter
TruCool trans cooler
2" Overland lift & 15" BFG Terrain, 3.73 gears
JET Performance SCU-2000 (Speed Control Unit)
Gabriel Ultra shocks, rear AirLift bags & sway bar
Draw-Tite Dual Port Hitch System, hitch-mounted bike rack (4), hitch-mounted cargo tray, Thule roof-mounted cargo box

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

timelessbeing wrote:
Lumpy wrote:Owners and moderators could have, should have, still can, read my PMs
to see that evidence.
This doesn't really make sense to me. How can withheld information cause censorship? Withheld means it didn't get out.

Did anyone receive these PMs he's talking about?
I just want to comment on what Lumpy said about PM's. I, as a moderator and an administrator, have NEVER read, looked at or CARED what anyone puts in a PM. These are private messages and I do not have the ability to read them, nor do I want to.

I am with timelessbeing on this... If info is withheld, is it really censorship if we don't know about it?
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

leadtrombone
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by leadtrombone »

unless and admin or moderator was the recipient of the PM then it is like saying that the post office (or mailman for that matter) should know what was in the letter you your aunt rosie..

not the way it works.
1999 Safari SLE. Stock. Proud owner since May 2010. So far I love it..

P1050479 by leadtrombone, on Flickr

The old cars - my progression to here (most recent first)

1996 Honda Passport
1988 BMW 320i touring
1989 BMW 520
2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
2002 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab
1989 BMW 320i
1990 Toyota Tercel EZ
1991 Mitshubishi Mirage
1970 Mercedes Benz 250 Saloon