I asked nicely

Questions, comments, criticisms, issues, suggestions, praise etc related to this Forum
(Please do not post van questions)

Topic author
Lumpy
I finally get the smurf thing

I asked nicely

Post by Lumpy »

Apparently that wasn't good enough for the owners/moderators of this forum.

I witheld disclosing the damning evidence that caused the original
thread about the new owner of Overland to get censored. Owners
and moderators could have, should have, still can, read my PMs
to see that evidence.

That Canadian guy is not what he claims to be. He's not
what the well wishers here wish he were.

Simply put, he's a liar. archive.org is your friend.

Nobody seems to want to see that. Perhaps the owners of this
forum are involved in the dishonesty. I wouldn't think so. But
then again I don't see the problem with the original discussion.

I am ashamed of ever having contributed to this site after
the actions of the owners here.

Best of luck to the rest of you. You'll find me in the usual locations.
As to the owners, you're either ignorant or complicit.

I only wish you would have been man enough to own up to
what the root of this situation is. And I wish you would have
been man enough to go along with my simple request to have
my posts deleted. You were certainly willing to delete some of
my posts. I'm not sure why you simply couldn't do it for the rest.

Kind of destroys one's faith in humanity.

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke
5526 E Pershing Ave
Scottsdale AZ 85254-3632

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: I asked nicely

Post by astrozam »

Have no clue what you are incinuating(sp)

Were you attempting to blackmail us or something?
Delete my threads or else I'll start another thread and call a Canadian guy a liar?

If you have something to say make it quick, cause its T-minus 2 hrs for ya Mr Lumpy!... I've never in all my yrs seen a guy go so wacko so quick as you!

P.S Do you recall writing this post back in May of this yr Lumpy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5797 you sure as hell didn't seem to have any problem with anyone back then did you?

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

I know I should just let this go, but I have a problem with someone calling someone else a liar, yet not offering up any proof to back it up. Let's assume you are right Lumpy... then it is YOUR DUTY to prove it. You have had ample time and have never put out any proof.

Geez!

It's too bad you have turned into... hell, I don't even know. All I know is I thought you had a cool van and might continue to offer up some worthwile stuff. Obviously you aren't going to.

Goodbye and good ridance.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

LiftedAWDAstro

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Does anyone have a clue what Lumpy is talking about? :-k I know I sure as hell don't. What is archive.org and what is it used for? :-k :-k
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

so out of curiosity, I went to www.archive.org and found this:
"The Internet Archive, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, is building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form. Like a paper library, we provide free access to researchers, historians, scholars, and the general public."

However, if you do a search for "overland vans" you get bupkiss...zero hits. So I have no idea what he's talking about.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

MountainManJoe

Post by MountainManJoe »

From what I understand, archive.org takes snapshots of websites, allowing you to see what they looked like in the past. It's also useful if a site you need is no longer accessible. I assume Lumpy was suggesting to use archive.org to see the "damning evidence" he posted in the "New Owner of Overland Vans" topic before it was cleansed. Well I tried, but there doesn't seem to be any record of it.

remark123
I get chills without my van.

Post by remark123 »

Like I said yesterday, This place is soooo interesting! I couldn't in my wildest dreams make up the stuff that shows up on this forum! Outrageously good reading, I'll tell 'ya!
Thanks Zam, for not purging all of the posts, Lumpy actually did post some interesting info.
1991 Hartland EXT with Z motor. Only 190K miles on mostly original parts.

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

I missed all that....oh well.....todays another day. :rolleyes:

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

What happened I went to re read the thread about Olv and it only has 1page of well wishes
I thought that at one point that thread was several pages long. now we have a member so mad he is leaving or banned looking at zam response can those of us in the dark get brought up to speed?
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

leadtrombone
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by leadtrombone »

Basicaly. The OLV thread got out of hand. Some seemed to insinuate that the guy who bought the company from Dan was not being honest then this and that. Went from a welcome thread to a who the hell knows.

The mods said that IRbear (new owner) would have a chance to respond to the (accusations, questions etc.) and that after that the thread would be cleaned.

It was cleaned leaving the welcomes and the few proper questions (about some new products and so).

lumpy got pretty bent out of shape on this and (as in this thread) asked to be completely removed. Also saying the stuff that started this one... Dunno about that.

Maybe i am out of line, but as a new member here i think this was a crazy week. I hope it isn't the norm.. And i don't think that it is.

The welcome thread was a bit embarrassing to say the least, coming from probably the main community that supports OLV.. (maybe)

I am with the admins on the fact that it was embarrassing for the community. But hey. Aint no place like home without a bit of drama right.
:-k :-k
1999 Safari SLE. Stock. Proud owner since May 2010. So far I love it..

P1050479 by leadtrombone, on Flickr

The old cars - my progression to here (most recent first)

1996 Honda Passport
1988 BMW 320i touring
1989 BMW 520
2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
2002 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab
1989 BMW 320i
1990 Toyota Tercel EZ
1991 Mitshubishi Mirage
1970 Mercedes Benz 250 Saloon

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

It reminds me of when I first moved to this town and openned a kayak shop that included boats and instruction for sea kayaks, racing kayaks, and white water kayaks. Because I broguht new techniques and different boats than they all used and hadn't seen before, the local club thought I was an adrenaline crazed junkie (which is only party true to a very small degree, :-$ , but I digress)

Basically, the local sea kayak club had a beef about losing their big fish in the small pond status, and it went down in a longer drawn out but similar manner to IRBEar's Welcome thread. I closed up shop in 4 years, and now eveybody aronund here is paddling the way I paddle and using the boats I was trying to sell.

I see that thread as IrBear seeing us the same way as I looked upon that local sea kayak club- not worth the time and effort. I think it was a small minority here that created the beef, and IrBear doesn't have to face it in town day in and day out like I did, so I hope it's not that big of a deal for him.

I've already recieved two PMs on ExpeditionPortal.com asking about the new owner of O'Land Vans, and I sure don't link that emabarrassiong thread.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

So no one had a bad deal with the new owner some time in the past?
I didn't read the first thread after the first day as it just seemed to be the standard welcome to the van site. Guess I need to read more threads to keep up on the drama or maybe less threads to avoid the drama. It's kind of nice here with my head in the sand. :rolleyes:
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

Kidhauler wrote:So no one had a bad deal with the new owner some time in the past?
I didn't read the first thread after the first day as it just seemed to be the standard welcome to the van site. Guess I need to read more threads to keep up on the drama or maybe less threads to avoid the drama. It's kind of nice here with my head in the sand. :rolleyes:
No bad deal. There was an accusation of lying (or providing mis-information) directed to the new owner, yet no evidence was every brought forward. (And they were asked on more than one occasion to explain it or drop it.) None of the rest of us could figure out what they were talking about. Lumpy got his panties in a wad and tried to leave and take his ball with him. (He was allowed to take some of the air out of the ball, but had to leave the ball itself!) :muhaha:

As Tom noted, it was quite an embarassment. Most everyone was welcoming, except for a couple of members who wouldn't drop the issue.
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

MountainManJoe

Post by MountainManJoe »

Lumpy wrote:I witheld disclosing the damning evidence that caused the original
thread about the new owner of Overland to get censored. Owners
and moderators could have, should have, still can, read my PMs
to see that evidence.
This doesn't really make sense to me. How can withheld information cause censorship? Withheld means it didn't get out.

Did anyone receive these PMs he's talking about?

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

leadtrombone wrote:Basicaly. The OLV thread got out of hand. Some seemed to insinuate that the guy who bought the company from Dan was not being honest then this and that. Went from a welcome thread to a who the hell knows.

The mods said that IRbear (new owner) would have a chance to respond to the (accusations, questions etc.) and that after that the thread would be cleaned.

It was cleaned leaving the welcomes and the few proper questions (about some new products and so).

lumpy got pretty bent out of shape on this and (as in this thread) asked to be completely removed. Also saying the stuff that started this one... Dunno about that.

Maybe i am out of line, but as a new member here i think this was a crazy week. I hope it isn't the norm.. And i don't think that it is.

The welcome thread was a bit embarrassing to say the least, coming from probably the main community that supports OLV.. (maybe)

I am with the admins on the fact that it was embarrassing for the community. But hey. Aint no place like home without a bit of drama right.
:-k :-k
that was definitely not the "norm" [-X
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....