Lifted Van Pics...

Post photos, video of your van

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: Lifted Van Pics...

Post by T.Low »

4-5" Overlandvans lift, except with stock torsion keys in front, not the Overlandvans lift keys. 255/70 R16 Kelly Pathfinder ATs.

Man, whatta photo hog... :D
Last edited by T.Low on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

1996astro
I get chills without my van.

Post by 1996astro »

LiftedAWDAstro wrote:Brandon...AWESOME looking van!
Thanks Dean, It's still got nothing on the SPB!
T.Low wrote:Wow, Brandon, that Astro van is drop dead gorgeous. Well done!
Thanks, It has its issues, blemishes, and rust starting in places.
WVKayaker wrote:Nice looking stance! And altogether nice looking van!
Thanks
9dawgs wrote:Wow, great looking van! Can you submit some closeup pics of the fender trim on the front & rear?
Thanks, I will get some close up pics of the trimming I did. That part is not too pretty and also not finished. I had to remove more because of the wider wheels. I used a sledge hammer to move the inner fender walls back by the doors and rockers. It was alot easier than cutting it out and fabbing up new pieces. I cut the molding using a utility knife, I wanted a cleaner cut than using a saw. I am going to open up the rear a little bit so it matches the front better also. I have to figure out something with the sliding door also, it hits the tire.
Brandon
Bay City, MI

1997 Astro LT 4x4 48,000 Miles,
Custom Lift: 3" body spacers, torsion keys,
4" leaf spring relocation mounts (by ME),
added a leaf spring from a 94 S10 blazer.
All this gives me 5-6 inches of lift.
General Grabber AT2 31X10.50R15
Custom fit Brush guard
Western 7' 6" plow pictures coming soon...
1997 Buick Century 198,000 miles

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Washington is such a beautiful state. Mom lives out on the Olympic Peninsula. Thanks for sharing. Oh...and great looking camper you have there. \:D/
Brandon, I had the same issue with the slider hitting the tire. The only solution that could come up with is to remove the center of the wheel, reposition it and reweld it back in. I had to move the center 1 1/2 inches to get enough clearance. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

WVKayaker
I sleep in my van

Post by WVKayaker »

Nice pics Tom!
1999 AWD Astro purchased January 2007
2" Overland Vans Lift Kit, Add-a-Leaf, Shackles, Torsion Bars Cranked 1"
AGM Deep Cycle Marine Battery w/Isolator
Helwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar
Auburn Gear Pro Series Limited-Slip Differential
BFG AT KO 235/75/15
Cragar Nomad I Wheels

Dearly Departed 1990 RWD Shorty owned since day one.
Sold Feb 2007 with 193k miles.

regal200021
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by regal200021 »

here is my 95 astro 4x4 it has a s10 tcase in it... as for lift is got a 3 inch body and the tbars toped off about 2inchs the rear is a home made spring pack that gave me about 5-7 inches of lift.... as for tires i have 31 11.5 15s on it a little triming in the front nothing out back .... must say guys nice looking vans ... thanks

Regal :partyman:

95 astro 4x4
5 inch lift in front and 7 out back all made by me :)
31-11.5x15s tsl swampers
here are the pics....
more pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/regal200021

9dawgs
I sleep in my van

Post by 9dawgs »

Nice looking van regal. I dig those swampers! Woohoo! :bounce:
Jim<><

'99 Astro 4X2, (RIP) 4" Overland Lift, 31X10.50/15 BF Goodrich AT T/A KO,
Rancho RS5000 shocks, Rockford Fosgate RFX9000, Red Top Optima, K&N Filter

'98 Astro 4X2 (SOLD)

WVKayaker
I sleep in my van

Post by WVKayaker »

Awesome regal!
1999 AWD Astro purchased January 2007
2" Overland Vans Lift Kit, Add-a-Leaf, Shackles, Torsion Bars Cranked 1"
AGM Deep Cycle Marine Battery w/Isolator
Helwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar
Auburn Gear Pro Series Limited-Slip Differential
BFG AT KO 235/75/15
Cragar Nomad I Wheels

Dearly Departed 1990 RWD Shorty owned since day one.
Sold Feb 2007 with 193k miles.

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

WVKayaker wrote:Awesome regal!

Definately one of the gnarliest! :cheers:
ImageImageImageImage

97CargoCrawler
I sleep in my van

Post by 97CargoCrawler »

crash wrote:97cargo... did lose the use of the slider with the wheels sticking out that far?

Sorry for the slow response. My slider does indeed hit the tire. I had measured everything before buying the tires and they cleared no problem. Then I started my lift, HD springs in rear and spindles up front. I did the rear first and mounted up my test wheel to check clearance and it was about 1" from the tire, PERFECT! I was happy, giddy, rolling on the greasy concrete with tears of joy.

Then I put the spindles on the front. "That's odd," I thought to myself, "the front seems wider than the rear." So I whipped out the measuring tape and measured the track width. Sure as shit the front was 3" wider than the rear! Mother F'er! It looked too strange to keep that way so I bought some 1.5" wheel spacers for the rear, NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE DAMN DOOR WOULD HIT THE TIRE! That fact didn't become a reality until I had the rear tires installed with the spacers and I was opening the slider to throw my toolbox in the van. #-o

Someday, somehow I will take care of it. It slides across the front of the tire a few inches then sticks. It opens further if my tires are ArmorAll'ed up. It also opens all the way if I forget the door is pressed against the wheel and I back up!

If it were not for the spacers it would have an inch to spare.
1997 SAFARI 2WD CARGO
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... Such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." Nikola Tesla

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dunedog »

Love seeing the new additions to the "Lifted Group" :supz:
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

zombie{[six]}
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by zombie{[six]} »

97CargoCrawler wrote:
crash wrote:97cargo... did lose the use of the slider with the wheels sticking out that far?

Sorry for the slow response. My slider does indeed hit the tire. I had measured everything before buying the tires and they cleared no problem. Then I started my lift, HD springs in rear and spindles up front. I did the rear first and mounted up my test wheel to check clearance and it was about 1" from the tire, PERFECT! I was happy, giddy, rolling on the greasy concrete with tears of joy.

Then I put the spindles on the front. "That's odd," I thought to myself, "the front seems wider than the rear." So I whipped out the measuring tape and measured the track width. Sure as shit the front was 3" wider than the rear! Mother F'er! It looked too strange to keep that way so I bought some 1.5" wheel spacers for the rear, NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE DAMN DOOR WOULD HIT THE TIRE! That fact didn't become a reality until I had the rear tires installed with the spacers and I was opening the slider to throw my toolbox in the van. #-o

Someday, somehow I will take care of it. It slides across the front of the tire a few inches then sticks. It opens further if my tires are ArmorAll'ed up. It also opens all the way if I forget the door is pressed against the wheel and I back up!

If it were not for the spacers it would have an inch to spare.

Notch out the inside of the door of the door at the bottom :)
crate 350 bored .60 over, 700R4, lifted...yada yada yada. Who cares what i have, ITS FAST AND I LOVE DRIVING IT!!!

stomp13
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by stomp13 »

my god...........

All these 4inch plus vans are killing me. All I wanted was a 2inch to give it a better stance but now, all these pic's. Must fight.... not to buy.... a bigger lift ](*,)
99 Astro LS AWD. 200k. Overlands 2inch lift. No name 29inch LT tires.

LaGrasta
I sleep in my van

Post by LaGrasta »

I just watched your slide show. Awesome! I'm really interested int eh top conversion. It looks so stock when closed.
1998 Astro, 246,000 miles

K&N air filter
TruCool trans cooler
2" Overland lift & 15" BFG Terrain, 3.73 gears
JET Performance SCU-2000 (Speed Control Unit)
Gabriel Ultra shocks, rear AirLift bags & sway bar
Draw-Tite Dual Port Hitch System, hitch-mounted bike rack (4), hitch-mounted cargo tray, Thule roof-mounted cargo box

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

LaGrasta wrote:I just watched your slide show. Awesome! I'm really interested int eh top conversion. It looks so stock when closed.

Thanks LaGrasta. And thanks for the nice words, guys.
Here's a link to an old thread from when i first got the top in early Sept. My only regret is that i didn't order it before I even bought the van; I did some awesome trips while waiting all summer for it.

I had built a little fold out sleeper to use before, but don't need it now that we have the top. So now i am going to desing a Westy-like interior, hopefully this winter. Its stock at the moment.

My friend (with the SPortsmobile) said he'd take shots of my interior with his wide angle lense, I'll have to have him do that some time soon.
Cheers.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3091&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
ImageImageImageImage

9dawgs
I sleep in my van

Post by 9dawgs »

stomp13 wrote:my god...........All these 4inch plus vans are killing me. All I wanted was a 2inch to give it a better stance but now, all these pic's. Must fight.... not to buy.... a bigger lift ](*,)
Dude, don't fight it. Just give in to the dark side. I had the 2" lift on my '99 but quickly realized it just wasn't enough...Now I would love to go 6" and drop in a solid axle for 4x4 conversion. It never stops...the only thing stopping me is the $$. I think it's a sickness but I can't figure out the name yet. Probaby something Greek like "modifikidous" or "liftingitus".
Jim<><

'99 Astro 4X2, (RIP) 4" Overland Lift, 31X10.50/15 BF Goodrich AT T/A KO,
Rancho RS5000 shocks, Rockford Fosgate RFX9000, Red Top Optima, K&N Filter

'98 Astro 4X2 (SOLD)