AstroSafariVans.com

The premier site for Astro and Safari van information
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Astro Pro Van RV for SALE
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:47 pm 
I finally get the smurf thing

Astro van CL Pro van tiger for sale. Not mine I found it on Ebay. RV camper built on Astro van chassis. Cool.

Go here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Astro ... 1513815297

1989 RS Astro, V-8 and maybe a shift it myself tranny, still deciding on this one. Dutch doors, Cad tail lights, shaving the rest now. 12 bolt rear end was in the van when I got it but changing how it sets to lower.

Post subject: Re: Astro Pro Van RV for SALE
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:34 pm 
I finally get the smurf thing

I would def check this out in person if you are thinking of buying. Things to watch out for/common issues, fuel hose leakage(fill the tank, crack drivers window while driving around with heat/ac fan off, and smell around in the closet next to the shower)it usually cracks right under the shower pan($1000 fix if you pay someone), generally check for leaks and water damage, mostly around the canvas, but also rear window/shower area under the seat cushions, ensure the canvas and lifting mechanisms front and back are in good shape, check for cracked frame in the rear(bumper is only for holding spare tire and generator not towing). With that amount of mileage check the engine and transmission condition as that is a LOT of miles on an 4.3 Astro that has been fully loaded(at least) it's whole life. Probably has air bags on it as well, as the composite rear leaf springs don't do well on something so heavy(check for leaks with bubble solution).

Don't try to use it for more than 3 people, it gets cramped, absolutely perfect for 1 or 2 adults and up to 1 child IMO. I love mine it's the perfect size for 2, can park it anywhere and get places larger ones won't fit.

I won't comment on price because there are so many variables...esp with older higher mileage units.

1990 Provan Tiger GTv8 RV/Popup & 2003 White AWD POS
Tiger & 03awd & Opt-out of ViG_LINK & $20 BT OBD2 w/ext codes & RPO Codes by VIN & Stuff
Blue00awd & Brown99rwd Gone