1/8 inch(3.5mm) Stereo hack for iPOD or whatever that works!

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES WITH ANYTHING RELATED TO OBD-1 AND OBD-2, SECURITY, AUDIO AND VIDEO SYSTEMS, PLACE THEM HERE. USE THIS FORUM FOR SES LIGHTS, RPO CODES, FACTORY OPTIONS ETC.

Topic author
Drummernaut
I finally get the smurf thing

1/8 inch(3.5mm) Stereo hack for iPOD or whatever that works!

Post by Drummernaut »

I took some time today to try a hack that I thought might work. Basically I used a female TSR PCB mounted jack as a signal interrupt and it worked.

I am happy with the way the stereo sounds and operates but I did want the added use of a mini jack port so I can jam with my playlists.

The first player I used did not have very much power so I switched to another and it works great. I put the jack in the ashtray for now until I figure out were and how to mount it. I am not sure how much power an iPOD puts out but it will need to be above average.

Be sure and use the shielded ground wire for your signals. My wire colors did not follow the FSM. Go by the pin numbers.

Right now this will only work if you have a remote CD player. I may be able to mimic the data signals of the CD player but since I have the remote CD I will let it do the work. You will also have to have a disk in the player.

The images tell the story but I will be happy to answer any questions.
Attachments
IMG_0131.jpg
circuit2.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0130.jpg

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: 1/8 inch(3.5mm) Stereo hack for iPOD or whatever that wo

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Neat little mod! :supz:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy