airbag light astro van 97

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES WITH ANYTHING RELATED TO OBD-1 AND OBD-2, SECURITY, AUDIO AND VIDEO SYSTEMS, PLACE THEM HERE. USE THIS FORUM FOR SES LIGHTS, RPO CODES, FACTORY OPTIONS ETC.

Topic author
liams212
I am merely driving my van

airbag light astro van 97

Post by liams212 »

hi
problem with my chevy astro van of 97 the indicator of airbag rest lights same after having to disconnect my airbag left the fuse as well as the relay somebody has an idea
thank you

Topic author
liams212

Re: airbag light astro van 97

Post by liams212 »

hi again. still having the same problem with the airbag light. I disconnected the air bag sensor under the front seat, I disconnected both air bags in the front row, but still having the air bags light on. anyone is having the same problem, or has any suggestion how I can fix the problem? I tried to get information through a diagnostic code scanner, code says that no air bag connected. is it possible that the problem is the ODB connector? when I turn on the car the air bag light blinks 6 times and rests on. I will be thankfull for every answer.

what are you guys using to do diagnostic on your astrovans?

greets from germany

WoodButcher
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: airbag light astro van 97

Post by WoodButcher »

You don't need a diagnostic scanner to tell you what's wrong, the airbag light is on because you have the airbags disconnected. If you want the light to go out pull the bulb, cover it with tape, wait for it to burn out or fix the airbag system.
'93 Safari shorty, 350 swap
'05 Astro AWD, lifted, 6 liter, cammed, ported and programmed for fast.
'69 G10, straight 6, 3 onatree, jumped at me when I had a pocketful of cash looking for a spare astro. :)